Requisition ID: 232067
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/08/2021
CityFibre has started on an ambitious rollout of Fibre to the Home ( ) across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ( ). As the CityFibre geographic footprint grows, the need to scale the execution model will increase and will become more urgent. To that end, standardization of approach and process - whether recruiting and retaining talent or resolving design constructability issues - will be critical, including the coordination and communication amongst the various CityFibre teams especially those outside of the Network Build organisation.
The Project Management Team in the Central Build Office is, effectively, a Functional Organisation responsible for the people and processes which, among other activities and focus areas, ensures that the build programme is effectively planned, tracked and monitored. The principal responsibility of this team will be to ensure that the City Teams are conversant and competent in the project controls processes, procedures and requirements. This will be especially important as new processes and procedures are released and must be cascaded to the City build teams (and inform Build Partner activities).
The engagement will allow CityFibre to build competency and capacity in a sustainable manner, that allows them to meet the demands of their ambitious rollout programme.
This role is based in Leeds
- Develops, interprets, and executes policy objectives and standards applicable to schedule development, maintenance and monitoring.
- Directs schedule analysis/study and problem-solving activities. Develops and interprets guidelines applicable to the analysis function.
- Supports the Clients core objective No3 in the delivery of a robust cost and schedule management process across the project
- schedule reporting to CBO Lead Scheduler.
- Responsible for maintaining configuration control of the baseline schedule and supporting the project's baseline change control process.
- Works with all departments to ensure understanding of schedule interactions and dependencies.
- Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdisciplinary or group restraints and interfaces.
- Reviewing the integration of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and delivery in to service work scope into the total project plan, including identification of, and management of key interfaces with internal and external entities.
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing the establishment and tracking of progress on meaningful intermediate milestones through all phases of project execution.
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing effective planning of activity durations and logic (including appropriate constraints) to support project milestones and overall delivery objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing schedule resource loading and leveling.
- Prepares and coordinates the development of staffing and execution plans for planning and scheduling activities.
- Prepares, coordinates, and directs planning and scheduling presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
- Demonstrated flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
- Demonstrated advanced capability level with Primavera (P6) or similar, and experience in its application on complex engineering and construction projects.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in directing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and in the home office.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for project planning and scheduling activities.
- Skilled in direction, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with a demonstrated ability to present planning and scheduling information to management and clients.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Knowledgeable about current industry and technical developments.
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
The job title for this position is subject to change and will be mapped across to the customer's preferred title upon final selection.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.