Ensure the requirements of the DIO Gas Safety Case and JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within their area of responsibility.
* Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety in area of responsibility.
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
* Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and Additional Services.
* Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO and end users.
* Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
* Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
* Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plan, records and update Work Manager as required.
* Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing business cases.
* Maintain training, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
* If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and co-operate with the hazardous area manager.
* Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work. Where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
* Produce risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas Permits to Work to a high quality.
* Attend and contribute to risk meetings. Review risk registers and follow maintenance and management processes
* Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
* Liaise with DIO SME, Gas Suppliers, end users and other stakeholders to provide advice and support.
* Liaise closely with the Gas Safety manager, seeking guidance as necessary.
* Liaise closely with the Service Delivery Area Managers and Site Managers for continued compliance throughout the Service Delivery Area.
* Maintain a positive environment in which Skilled Persons and other team members engage and follow in the requirements of the Gas safety Case
* Co-ordinate action with Authorised Persons and Delivery Managers
* Maintain records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
* Submit RP certification to GSM for assessment, at required intervals.
* Advise on appropriate training required for skilled persons where shortfalls are identified
* Instruct persons required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Responsible Person Gas
* Notify the Service Delivery Area Managers of any defects on equipment or systems
* Contribute to data gathering and forecasting associated with the Forward Additional Services Plan
* Management of all processes to ensure business continuity and risk mitigation.
* Consider and document risks associated with the tasks undertaken and propose ways of mitigating any financial or operational impacts.
Ensure operations are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey.
Skills & experience
Skills & Experience Profile
· Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
· Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
· Ability to solve problems and make decisions
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Experience of supervising site operations
· Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
· Planning, directing and controlling activities
· Management of resources to achieve results
· Agreeing scope and priorities of work
· Significant practical management in Safe Systems of Work including:
· Experience of operating in an MOD environment
· Working knowledge of CDM regulations
· Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
· NEC3 contract requirements
· Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Training & Qualifications
· HND level qualification in an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
· Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375, including:
· Emergency first aid
· Fire safety
· Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
· Familiarity with the sites and equipment for which responsible
· Associate Member of British Institute of Facilities Management or IGEM (Institution of Gas Engineers & Managers).
· Familiarisation with:
· WorkManager applications
· Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)