Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Remote working - covering Northern Ireland and northern counties of Republic of Ireland
Benefits: Competitive salary plus commission, company car, laptop and mobile phone
Seeking an Account Manager to be responsible for the sale of products from the Applied and Food Division of our client in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The territory covers Northern Ireland and northern counties of Republic of Ireland.
The product portfolio falls into three main segments:
* Separation Sciences including Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC)
* Spectroscopy including Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP)
* NIR and related Perten instruments
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage; however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
Priorities and Objectives
* To compete for all sales opportunities within the territory, ensuring that all necessary resources are used in order to close
* To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered
* Competes for all sales opportunities within the territory
* Builds and maintains relationships with customers
* Constant attempts to secure business in new accounts
* Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
* Develops and maintains the CRM customer/prospect records
* Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
* Maintains knowledge of products and prepares, collects and maintains presentation aids
* Maintains knowledge of competitors products
* Regular business forecasts
* Involvement with customer account receivables
* A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Food Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar
* Command of English language, written and oral
* Full Irish driving licence
* Proven sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation an advantage
* Sales training will be given to laboratory technicians/scientists who have used relevant instrumentation in industry or academia
* Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
* Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
* Prepared to travel throughout Ireland and sometimes overseas on an ad hoc basis
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills then please apply to this role.
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.