This multi-disciplinary consultancy with approximately 120 employees provides a wide range of Asset Management, Engineering, Commercial, Customer Programmes and Strategic Advisory services to clients across the water, energy and environment sectors, across the UK.
The business is established on a solid foundation of diversity diversity of skills, cultures, personalities, perspectives and experiences. It is this diversity that unifies the team and enables it to offer holistic and innovative solutions to its clients most pressing needs.
As a Lead Consultant you will play an important part in developing the asset management capability, whilst helping clients maximise the value from their assets and adapt to long-term challenges. Asset Management Consultants are responsible for advisory services to infrastructure clients in the UK and beyond.
You will focus on areas such as (regulatory) business planning, asset strategy, service delivery, risk management, and asset management maturity (ISO55001). You will also provide support to the wider business in asset management best practice. You will report to the Associate Director Asset Management, as part of a growing team where you will have opportunities to develop and progress in the role.
This is a role which requires you to cover many different types of projects over time, adapting to client needs and sectors as required. Clients are at the heart of everything you do, and you ll demonstrate the ability to constructively challenge the accepted norms and always seek a better way.
The business operates a hybrid working model and the role can be based at any of the offices around the UK combined with working from client locations and home. You will be required to travel to client offices 2 days a week.
Key responsibilities include;
- Lead on project delivery with accountability for the project team and the outputs
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team ensure that they are happy, growing and valued for what they do
- Own and develop great relationships with senior client stakeholders
- Support Director and Associates on identifying opportunities and developing proposals for future commissions
- Lead on presentation of outputs to clients
- Build justified and efficient (regulatory) business plans
- Develop and implement asset management plans and strategies
- Improving and making best use of asset data to deliver the right business solution
- Develop long-term adaptive strategies
- Build bespoke investment delivery processes
- Optimise existing decision-making processes.
As a potentially suitable candidate you will ideally have 10+ years of experience of infrastructure asset management in the water, gas, electricity or other industries along with experience of managing a team of individuals to achieve a set of objectives. You should have experience of working in one of the following areas: asset strategy, regulatory business planning, asset planning, along with a detailed knowledge of a UK regulated utilities industry and an understanding of the typical challenges and drivers for UK infrastructure clients.
A Bachelor s degree in a related field along with the Institute of Asset Management Diploma or Certificate is highly desirable and ideally you will be Chartered in a relevant institution or working towards chartership.