A well known main Contractor are looking for a Design Manager to be based in Wellingborough.
To provide design management support to build projects in production and also work on Civil projects bids as required in work winning.
What you'll be doing
As a Design Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget and time constraints.
* Manage design quality
* Manage design deliverables in both precon and production stages depending upon the project status
* Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd
* Manage designers appointments
* Provide advice and guidance on the buildability of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
* Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities where required such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
* Support the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required
* Lead the development and management of the design deliverables programme:
* Lead the co-ordination and production of design data, project deliverables, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme
Who we're looking for
This role requires an individual with proven experience in delivering design services in production stage and within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience