Our client who are an established engineering design consultancy working in the Pharmaceutical sector are seeking the services of a permanent Senior Electrical Building Services Designer based in their Warrington office. The Senior Electrical Designer will have a technical engineering background and have significant pharmaceutical sector related experience.
The Senior Electrical Building Services Designer will have the responsibility to support our client through provision of Electrical Building Services Design including:
Provision of 2D Design Deliverables, GAs, equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams
Single line diagrams
Cable block diagrams
Low Voltage Cable Calculations
Full suite of traditional building services deliverables
Fire Detection and Suppression
BMS and EMS
The Senior Electrical Building Services Designer will work closely with the Senior Electrical Engineer to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient Electrical Engineering services to both internal & external customers.
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical sector.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject.
- Membership of professional Institution or similar body is desirable.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects.
- Experience of E&I design best practices.
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation.
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support).
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking 'Designer' role.
- Ability to undertake site surveys.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modelling and BIM requirements.
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team.
- Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principals and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules.
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirement for construction support.
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills.
Software Packages Proficient use of the following software packages:
Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
Microsoft suite of programs
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business...... click apply for full job details