One of the UK's leading providers of materials testing, geotechnical and environmental consultancy services are seeking to appoint a geotechnical engineer to join and grow their London team. The geotechnical team is currently split between offices in the home counties and the north of England, so this would be an opportunity to grow and develop the London team, with support from the wider business.
The existing team have a reputation for providing a nationwide service across a varied project portfolio which includes residential, highways and commercial work as well as some standalone contracting projects.
Responsibilities of the post;
The geotechnical engineer will undertake:
* Project management of ground investigation contracts in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors
* On-site supervision of investigation works
* Minor design work such as GMA
* Factual and interpretative report writing
* Client management & business development opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
The geotechnical engineer will have:
* Degree qualified in Geology, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (or other relevant subject)
* Post graduate qualification desirable but not essential
* Proven relevant industry experience
* Soil logging to Eurocode 7 - BS 5930 essential
* Experienced with supervising drilling rigs and various site investigation techniques
* Scheduling laboratory testing
* Experience with ground gas and water monitoring
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
* Full UK driving licence essential
* Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice
* Membership of professional organisation, commitment towards continuing professional development and working towards chartered engineer/geologist status.
In reward for your efforts you'll benefit from a competitive salary and holiday allowance along with membership of the company pension scheme.