Senior Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment) Staff London
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading cleantech, renewable and alternative energy company involved in the development of novel green energy and fuel solutions on a global scale with excellent career opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- The role is working Client side on a large new exciting onshore energy project.
- Overseeing deliverables of the FEED contractor for delivery of Mechanical Engineering scope.
- Acting as main Client point of contact for technical queries and clarifications.
- The role will have particular emphasis on reviewing design and documentation relating to static equipment.
- Checking the quality of subcontractor design work to ensure compliance with agreed client design specifications.
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as HAZID, Design Reviews, Model Reviews.
- Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
- Supporting the vendor management and selection process during the FEED stage.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager on FEED contractor performance.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Must be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered status highly advantageous though not essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas or Renewable Energy projects.
- Must have previous experience either working Client side or in a PMC role.
- Previous site experience in conjunction with a design background beneficial.
- Planning and organising, communication, team working and problem solving.
- Experience of proprietary industry software.
In return the successful candidate can expect a market leading salary and benefits package coupled with excellent career progression opportunities as the company continues to grow.