Senior/Principal Sustainability Consultant
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, together with a clear vision for innovation.
The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with a comprehensive range of both 'voluntary' and 'anytime' benefits' to match your lifestyle choice.
Core responsibilities of the position include:
* Develop and deliver sustainability strategies covering a wide range of topics (i.e. energy, water, waste, sustainable materials, responsible sourcing, biodiversity, community) to embed sustainable design principles throughout projects;
* Write sustainability statements and technical reports to support planning applications;
* Manage proactively the delivery of sustainability strategies and environmental assessments (e.g. BREEAM, Home Quality Mark, WELL);
* Provide practical advice on sustainability best practices and innovations to influence project teams internally and externally;
* Input into carbon strategies, including whole life carbon assessments, Greenhouse Gas assessments, and net zero assessments for buildings;
* Monitor project's progress against sustainability objectives and targets;
* Liaise actively with client and project teams (attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions);
* Contribute actively to internal team meetings;
* Support the team in writing fee proposals, pitches and presentations to win new business and build relationships with potential clients;
Requirements and skills
Candidates for this role will have between 5 and 10 years of relevant work experience. The candidate will have:
* A degree in an environmental or engineering discipline, preferably to Masters level
* An ability to provide a holistic approach to sustainability in the built environment.
* Expertise in implementing renewable energy and/or passive design strategies (highly desirable);
* Technical knowledge or strong interest within one or more areas of sustainability - energy, sustainable materials & responsible sourcing, carbon footprinting & LCA, climate change adaptation, green infrastructure, social sustainability, behaviour change;
* Experience in project managing the delivery of BREEAM assessments (Licensed BREEAM assessor with track record would be an advantage. Other qualifications would be of benefit - LEED, SKA, WELL, etc;).
* On-site construction experience (desirable);
* An ability to convince and influence project teams.
* The capacity to work autonomously and proactively;
* Good organisational and project management skills;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Client-facing experience and client management;
* Attention to detail;
* A positive and proactive approach;
* A creative approach to problem solving;
* A curious and inquisitive nature and passion for sustainability.
If you require more information on this post please contact Sean Kildunne at Calibre Search - Leeds or click apply.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business...... click apply for full job details