Senior Process Safety Engineer
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, are currently seeking a Senior Process Safety Engineer to join their Process Safety team.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday. Based in the Norwich office, there is the requirement to visit offshore as the business requires.
The successful individual will have a key responsibility in the management of process safety related studies and risk assessments, including FERA, FTA, HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA, ORA and QRA, with the ability to facilitate HAZOP and LOPA studies when required.
The individual shall have a strong process engineering background, prior experience in a process safety role and demonstrable knowledge of the application of functional safety standard IEC61511.
It is expected that the individual will have good operational background, including an appreciation of the principles of Safe Isolation and Reinstatement of Plant (SIRP).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage, participate, and lead when required, HAZOP, LOPA and other safety studies (FERA, FTA, HAZID, ORA and QRA)
- Provide technically sound engineering solutions to mitigate identified risk gaps that are compliant with all health, safety, and environmental legislation and Our client's standards
- Completion, check and approval of a wide variety of process calculations
- Hazardous Area Classification updates in accordance with EI15
- Provide process safety input and guidance for the Management of Change
- Site-based process safety assurance activities
- Identify critical tasks and participate in Safety Critical Task Analysis studies
- Lead and/or provide technical expertise for incident investigations
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Process design
- Hazardous Areas
- Relief systems
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Human Factors
- Management of change
- Risk assessment
- Incident Investigation
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
Phast Advanced Modelling
Hazardous Area Classification (EI15)
Hysys Steady State and Dynamics
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- MEng in Chemical and/or Process Engineering or equivalent
- CEng desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in process and/or process safety engineering gained from working in a major hazard industry, preferably Oil and Gas
- Working knowledge of COMAH and/or Safety Case Regulations
- Experienced user of simulation software such as Phast and Hysys
- Working CFD experience desirable but not essential, ability to interpret CFD results essential
- Experience in the development of QRA for COMAH Reports and/or Safety Cases
- BOSIET/FOET, MIST, CA-EBS and Offshore Medical desirable but not essential
The Senior Process Safety Engineerrole is diverse, with a flexible approach required to meet dynamic business needs.
Private Medical Insurance
Flexible Benefit Allowance
Excellent Pension Provision
25 Days Holiday
Profit 'Units' Sharing Scheme
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications, we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd