POSITION SUMMARY & SCOPE OF ROLE
The UK&I Civil Projects Engineer is part of a wider projects team responsible for the financial and technical delivery of all allocated project activities associated with the engineering business product offerings. This role will be primarily focused on executing large and complex building and infrastructure improvement projects across the UK & Ireland. The engineer will need civil engineering experience, managing multidiscipline contractors skilled in steel erection, electrical installation and installation of general services.
This scope of the role includes the control of design, installation and oversight of civil projects and ancillary equipment provided within the scope of the contract or scope document in line with all current quality, safety, prevailing statutory and all other Procedural requirements.
Responsibility for this role also extends to budget management for all allocated project activities using SAP. The capital projects engineer will also take the lead with respect to allocated projects for adherence to, actively driving the safety culture during installation as required to meet the business requirements. They must also ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance to both the clients standards and those national statutes that apply as well as adherence to quality and service standards required by the business.
Success in the role will require clear direction, planning and maintenance of key relationships with the IG UK&I safety, regional services, logistics and key stakeholders to ensure delivery of the most operationally suited solutions.
1. Effective and efficient management of projects allocated in support of the Industrial Gasses business within the UK&I, principally large value complex building and infrastructure improvement projects but also may include office rebuilds or security upgrades
2. Ensure effective budget estimation and cost control of all allocated projects.
3. Ensuring effective development for and communication of functional objectives and performance to meet or exceed business needs.
4. To proactively review and challenge the business processes utilised to manage and deliver engineering offerings, ensuring these processes deliver optimal solutions.
5. The safety performance of all allocated projects to maintain and develop the commitment to improve and embrace Company safety approach and culture.
6. Direct support to the Customer Engineer Principal Projects Team Lead of the financial performance of the projects allocated and department core functions in line with budgeted requirements.
7. The execution as required of projects contained within the UK&I IG stack as requested by the Customer Engineer Principal Projects Team Lead.
8. Recognise and participate in Hazop methodology process where identified for Medium and high risk projects.
9. Assist Customer Engineer Principal Projects Team Lead in audit functions for quality and legislative compliance if required
10. Liaise with UK&I IG maintenance manager or key stakeholders on handover of projects upon completion.
11. Any other reasonable task as requested by an appropriate authority within the UK&I Supply Chain Structure
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Degree qualified (or HND) Civil/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
SKILLS END EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 year's experience in Project management/civil engineering knowledge.
Experience in overall project manager role for multidiscipline complex projects.
Experience in managing civil/building projects- example petrol station construction
Awareness of operational site Security systems/ CCTV Fire alarms
Good understanding of hazardous substances
Good quality and legislative compliance understanding
Good communication skills
Excellent safety and diversity ethics.