Senior Quantity Surveyor - Teesside
Solomons Europe is a dynamic Quantity Surveying and Commercial Consultancy forging ahead with ambitious growth plans for the North East
We have provided integrated project and commercial services to our clients for more than 20 years, working with varied Clients, Tier 1 and Tier 2 Contractors on major process, energy, engineering and infrastructure projects and frameworks.
In these challenging times, and with an established foothold in Tees Valley, Tyneside and Northumbria, we are proud to have retained our full staff team and to be creating new jobs and career opportunities in the North East.
Our superb reputation across Northern Powerhouse regions continues to bring us new work from both existing and new clients alike, and will see us progress plans to open our new Tyne & Wear branch in early 2021, supplementing our established Teesside presence.
Our client is a global Tier 1 contractor specialising in the delivery of sustainable power through low-carbon energies and is a UK market leader in electrical infrastructure on substations associated with HVDC and energy storage solutions.
The project is part of a five-year framework that involves the upgrade of three substations based in Teesside, Cumbria and Lancashire, through the installation of cutting-edge technology that will enable greater volumes of renewable power into the UK grid.
We are seeking a Lead Senior Quantity Surveyor to commercially manage the Teesside project site and to ensure effective commercial and contractual administration of the multi-site electrical package. The additional sites in Cumbria and Lancashire will be supported by a full time stand-alone QS, based locally, and the successful candidate will therefore be expected to provide senior level support to these project sites as needed.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Have a proven track record in driving project success and be capable of taking ownership of the commercial and contractual elements of a project in both a pre and post contract capacity.
- Be highly proficient in the use of NEC3/4® and be able to adapt and work under bespoke and other industry standard contract forms operated within the process, engineering, and infrastructure industries
- Be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and offer timely, robust, and meaningful advice and reporting to your client
- Identify efficiencies, capture continuous improvement opportunities, and manage risks appropriately to protect project margins
- Find solutions to day-to-day issues and create innovative project outcomes
- Build trust and respect within the project and stakeholder teams
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or related field, preferably MRICS qualified or working towards this qualification.
With no glass ceiling, there is a genuine opportunity to fast-track your career with us through a personalised training and development programme. Our rewards and benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary + prestigious company car or Car Allowance
- 25 days' holiday (plus eight normal bank holidays)
- A free weeks' holiday per year for you and your family in Solomons executive lodge near Windermere.
- Westfield Health Cash Plan (includes cover for your children)
- Up to 5% contributory pension
You may have experience of the following: Relocation, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyors, Project Surveyor, APC, RICS, Contract Administration, Renewable Energy, Oli, Gas & Petrol, Civil Engineering and Pharmaceutical, Nuclear, Power Generation, NEC3 Contract, Process Engineering, Contract Management, EPC, Claims Consultant, Assistant Quantity Surveyor .
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and as an inclusive employer we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications...... click apply for full job details