Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
• To operate, maintain and manage efficiently with the minimum of supervision new and existing building services to specified standards as determined by the company. To manage PPM, Day works, Statutory compliance and Call-outs as appropriate.
• To be able to perform maintenance, repair, de-commissioning and re-commissioning of systems and equipment within the scope of their specific disciplines, with the minimum of supervision.
• The maintenance of all M&E engineering service's on resident Contract's
• The day to day operation & maintenance of resident building.
• To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to Including client policies.
• To ensure compliance with the MITIE Quality Management System as it applies to this position.
• To adhere to all policies & procedures detailed in the MITIE employee handbook & that of the client's working environment.
Additional Responsibilities include;
• Support Site Manager with sub-contractors management.
• Covering Site Managers position during periods of absence.
• Covering Facilities Assistants during periods of absence.
• Covering Receptionist during periods of absence.
• Some weekend and evening working required.
• To perform planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks on all associated equipment, including electrical maintenance/fault finding and repair on switch and control equipment, distribution systems and motor driven plant.
• Perform repairs/modifications as appropriate and provide prompt and correct documentation of incidents
• Participate in the upkeep of records on servicing of plant and equipment and maintaining the plant asset registers.
• To maintain optimum performance and standards of client premises and operate allocated sites professionally and effectively in line with Company Standards.
• To use handheld technology for all planned and reactive works
• Ensuring plant/equipment is maintained in accordance with the Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
• To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
• To be fully aware of contractual requirements at all times.
• Ensuring that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents/records maintained accurately.
• Remain fully aware of Customer needs at all times.
• The incumbent must be flexible enough to undertake duties to accommodate operational requirements.
• Conduct appointed tasks ensuring compliance with Company Safety Policy, Procedures, relevant Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations.
• Ensuring compliance to the Company's and Clients Permit to Work Systems.
• Carry out all work to MITIE TFM standards to minimise emissions and comply with COSHH requirements.
• Assist in the implementation and operation of a planned maintenance system, by co-ordinating and ensuring the adequacy and accuracy of data input to the system across an area of responsibility as directed.
• Repair defective equipment effectively or recommend remedial action as appropriate.
• Carry out routine planned maintenance work.
• Assist in the identification and ordering of spare parts.
• Assist as required in the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
• Operate as directed with other trades and departments.
• Train and assist, as directed, other Technicians and colleagues.
• Assist in the implementation of improvements to the Company and Regional Procedures and systems, making recommendations as appropriate.
• Assist in the planning of work with Contract Managers.
• Participate as required in duty standby/call-out rosters and emergency response teams as required.
• To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
• To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
• To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
• To observe visiting sub contractor's staff and to report on non-conformances or safety violations.
• Educated to a minimum of City and Guilds (or equivalent) but should preferably have an HNC (or equivalent)
• F Gas Qualification
• 17th edition IEE Regulations
• Knowledge of BMS system
• Should have served time as an apprenticeship or followed a recognised formal training programme and completed at least additional experience in a related industry environment.
• Full driving licence
• Able to cope under pressure.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Ability to diagnose and repair equipment taking a solution focused approach
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.