Reporting to Office Management Team
Hours of Work 08.00 - 17.00
Salary starting on £21 - £27k depending on experience and qualification
This is the perfect opportunity to join in readiness for the rollout across the company and be involved in future planned training sessions. The successful candidate must have previous experience in a role of scheduling works with engineers, subcontractors and clients alike. With the system change, you will be trained in the current processes as well as the new. You will need to be able to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment where every day is different! As with majority of service desk roles, the chosen candidate may be required to work additional hours to ensure works are completed to the time frames allocated.
At JDS career progression is highly encouraged and future opportunities of applying for team leader and management positions will be available to those who show the desire and commitment to take the next step and responsibilities.
The purpose of the role will be to work with clients and M&E engineering and fabric staff plus subcontractors on site to maintain service delivery and quality of service as per our contract with a pro-active approach.
This includes but is not limited to:
- First point of contact for client enquiries by email or telephone
- Prioritising and logging callouts on internal system (full training will be provided)
- Responsible for a team of engineers, subcontractors and sites
- Scheduling planned and reactive maintenance, callouts and remedial jobs
- Providing clients with works progress via internal CRM system, customer online portals, emails and telephone contact
- Processing of engineering/subcontractor paperwork and completing KPI spreadsheets
- Raising purchase orders for materials and subcontractor works
- Providing quotations following on from engineering visits
- Running and processing reports, providing reports and analysing data and reporting findings and solutions to challenges to the Management Team
- Creating callout rotas for engineering team
- Take instruction from Operations teams as required
- To investigate and resolve customer problems in a timely manner
Examples of specific tasks undertaken within this role (this list is not complete and should be used as examples for this job description):
- Receiving callout requests from clients by telephone or email, processing on internal system, allocating to engineer, receiving updates and contacting clients on job completion, updating internal system and various spreadsheets
- Processing remedial works changing from quote to accepted, raising purchase orders for parts required, scheduling dates with the client, creating RAMS/Work Permits etc.
- Checking Parts Tracker (currently excel spreadsheet) for jobs that have parts ready and require scheduling
- Scheduling diary for a team of engineers (variety of static, mobile and foot mobile) and subcontractors. This is one of the most crucial parts of the role as the diary constantly changes.
- Creating Engineering Daily Update that is sent to all staff
- Obtaining uplifts on client purchase orders - working out what costs are involved and advising the client
- Processing of engineer's weekly paperwork and time sheets and when new system goes live, actioning as required
- Processing subcontractor paperwork, reports and invoices. Creating quotations to clients when required
- Ensuring telephone divert to out of hours callout facility is switched off in the morning and reset at 5pm
- Updating client's portals with job comments, raising RAMS and work permits
- Scheduling PPM for engineers and specialist contractors in advance from report sent by Operations Manager
- Running and processing a variety of reports
- Updating excel report and attending meetings with MD and Management Team to present post month figures.
- Working together to be proactive looking at future engineering hours and putting plans in place when found necessary.
- Updating weekly team meeting minutes with information as requested by Office Manager and presenting to the team
- Processing gas warning notices and advising clients
- Creation of annual callout rota for engineering team using excel, continuous updating of new starters and leavers, ensuring there is correct cover at all times. Uploading the rota to the online portal
- Attending client meetings with various members of the Management Team (note this may involve travel outside of the working hours depending on client's time requirements)
- Assisting in final stages of new system rollout, attending and providing training sessions.
- Assisting in new staff inductions where necessary
- Cross training in other roles to assist with holiday/sickness cover
- Basic admin duties such as filing, answering of the telephone, scanning etc
Background and Experience Essential
- Previous experience of working as a Service Desk / Helpdesk Administrator/Co-ordinator
- Experience with the use of IT systems e.g. Word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint
- Appropriate level of data protection, security awareness and confidentiality awareness
The successful candidate The ideal candidate for the role will possess: -
- An advanced level of computer skills will need to be evidenced focusing on Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Results and Customer service focused
- Discretion and confidentiality is essential
- Drive and passion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and open to change
- Initiative, self-motivated
- Influencing and negotiation
- High level of verbal and written skills
- Professional attitude
- Team player
- Work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Acting on initiative
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience in prioritising conflicting workloads
- Flexibility to travel when required eg meetings with clients on sites
For further information or to discuss your application please contact Joanne at the The InVictus Group