Base Location - East Midlands
Role Type - Permanent
Starting Salary - £32,236
Here at Cadent we're at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We're new but we're 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we've transformed ourselves to Cadent). We're the UK's largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer's 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We're proud of our story so far and we're super powered up about what our future holds. That's where you come in! Join us as a SHE's Advisor and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
To support, advise and deliver, and where required manage SHEs, performance and quality within the Operations processes in the East Network
• Be responsible for the provision of advice and support to ensure that works associated with the Operational Delivery Unit comply with relevant SHE Legislation
• Be responsible for ensuring the workforce within the relevant area are suitably supported and informed to enable compliance with Cadent's Safety and Environment Management Systems
• Provide support for ISO 14001 Audits
• Be responsible for the provision of support and guidance for incident investigations, follow-up reporting and submission to enforcing authorities
• Undertake safety and engineering / procedural compliance inspections
• Operate in and encourage a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate legislation, policies and procedures, technical standards and codes of practice, to ensure the provision of a safe and cost-effective service
• Share, promote and facilitate/implement technical and procedural best practice.
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
• NEBOSH Diploma preferred or NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
• 3-5 years of Experience
• Good understanding of relevant SHE legislation, associated codes of practice and other guidance
• Strong understanding of risk management principles and tools
At Cadent we've got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You'll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion - the more diverse our organisation is, the more able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know.We're committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come
Please note: Cadent cannot support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role.
All applicants must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK...... click apply for full job details