Our Client is looking for a Shift Supervisor for a permanent position, located in Aberdeenshire.
- Lead, manage & engage assigned shift teams and others to deliver the best, balanced performance in meeting & improving safety, production reliability, site efficiency & environmental targets & requirements.
- Meet requirements of company management systems, the COMAH report, current legislation, industry best practice and the Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC) permit.
- Efficiently manage the Pipelines as well as the Processing plants, meet daily gas nominations & optimise NGL yields.
- Through own and teams actions, deliver plant optimisation and efficiency, meeting SHEQ, business, gas nomination, commercial and customer requirements, making adjustments as required. Remain up to date and responsive to terminal operational status, export quality and quantity targets, flare consent constraints and other environmental considerations.
- Safe application and operation of the Permit to Work System within CoW, SHE & COMAH requirements, operational procedures (L1, L2, L3, L4), operating systems (COS etc) and requirements. Direct & complete periodic system audits and completion of remedial actions, identify & implement agreed improvements.
- Discuss and update internal and external appropriate persons & customers to implement day to day and longer-term operating strategies ensuring nomination targets are met and gas processed economically.
- Plan shift work activities (PMs, isolations etc etc) and priorities to meet the above, completing required verbal, written and electronic data updates in Q4.
- Ensure all site operational and safety risks are being assessed and operational threats are being mitigated based on the ALARP principal.
- Prepare comprehensive handovers to oncoming shift teams enabling continuity of safe, efficient, operations.
- Work with other terminal departments, personnel and third parties to safely and effectively plan and deliver the above.
- Lead, manage, develop & engage assigned personnel to work together, provide efficient, effective delivery & results, manage performance, training and competence and ensure welfare and wellbeing.
- Provide input and as appropriate investigate and recommend initiatives relating to terminal operational, SHE general business improvement activities, supporting, communicating and implementing as appropriate.
- In the event of a significant or major incident, terminal upset, start-up or shut-down complete the responsibilities in the terminal emergency plan (RSES).
- Be aware of the status and constraints of the flare consent and other environmental targets/constraints.
- Maintain own competence in UK legislation, company systems processes & practices & best industrial practice, completing & applying required training, development, knowledge & skills.
- Portray the role of Shift Supervisor in a positive, professional manner, taking responsibility for personal outcomes within job responsibilities and embodying the values which make us a terminal of choice.
- HNC in production or equivalent engineering discipline qualification, PPO 1,2,3 or equivalent.
- Successful contributions & decision making in a supervisory role in a 24-hour top tier COMAH gas facility.
- Successful incident control & management as Control Person.
- Working cross functionally & with external customers & authorities to deliver policies & initiatives, ensuring compliance with company & legislative requirements.
- Makes practical recommendations regarding safe running of all operating states.
- Knowledge & application in responsibilities of Frigg Transportation System, Gas nomination process, NGL yield optimisation, terminal COMAH report, terminal environmental permit.
- Demonstrates effective knowledge & application of management systems & processes.
- Degree in Process /Engineering subject.
- Team Leader &/or supervisory qualification.
- Experience of & contribution to secondments, projects, commissioning work experience.