Job Title: Shift Team Leader
Job Location: Pebble Hall, Off Theddingworth Road, Theddingworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6NJ
Salary: £45,900.00 per annum
Welland Operations Limited (WOL) are an Operation and Maintenance (O&M) service provider who have been awarded an agreement to operate and maintain Welland Biomass Power facility, located atPebble Hall, Off Theddingworth Road, Theddingworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6NJ. The gasification technology is designed to process up to 72,000tonnes of biomass per annum, generating up to 10.6MWe gross power. WOL is a subsidiary of Cobalt Energy Limited (CEL) who are a renowned thermal renewables and environmental engineering, service provider. CEL have been established for over a decade and have been successfully operating in the renewable power generation sector throughout this period.
WOL are looking to appoint Shift Team Leaders to enact the safe and reliable operation of the facility. They will report directly to the Plant Manager and each will be responsible for one Shift Process Operator and one Front Loader Operator.
- To ensure safe production is maximised, aligned with the business strategy.
- Nominated as the Plant Manager's delegate outside of office hours for all plant and process related matters.
- To deliver and supervise tasks effectively to agreed standards, timescales and in line with all safety policies.
- As a Senior Authorised Person, manage all aspects of the Safe System of Work along with the formal release of Plant and/or Apparatus.
- Operating and monitoring the plant equipment and processes as required, via control systems to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations.
- Provide direction and guidance to the Shift Process Operator to undertake regular / scheduled plant walk-downs, to adjust assets and undertake inspections to check the condition of the plant equipment and thus recording information as per the management system requirements / shift reports.
- Support and coordinate minor reactive maintenance and process stoppage situations on-shift.
- Enact and assist in the continuous improvement of operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental Permit conditions.
- Supervising the testing and treatment of boiler, cooling and other plant water systems.
- Fuel, process consumables and residues management, including sampling, storage and logistics.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly plant condition to the prescribed standard.
- To understand and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Legislation.
- Manage, mentor, coach and develop your Shift Team.
- Provide shift cover for other STL's in the event of sickness, holiday or training.
- To work as part of a 365 day, 24/7, shift-rota.
- Knowledge and experience as a Shift Team Leader. Plant Operator - power, gasification / heat generation / incineration / would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Experience of Plant process management - plant control room and plant shop-floor environments
- A flexible working attitude and a strong team working approach are essential.
- Strong communication skills with a logical approach to problem solving.
- HMI, SCADA, DCS, etc., knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Basic IT skills to be able to undertake reporting via a computerised system.
- WAMITAB, CoTC, BOAS, etc. qualifications are advantageous but not essential.
- Practical skills including very basic mechanical fitting tasks (such as making minor adjustments / repairs) or similar would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Any Electrical/Mechcanical AP or SAP background would be advantageous.
- A Health and Safety qualification, such as IOSH would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of team development would be advantageous.