At Johnson Matthey we are recruiting for a Site and Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for site support, facilities and engineering disciplines for the Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells business. Supporting the Operations Director in ensuring site and engineering activities are aligned with the business strategy in the context of rapid business growth and site/equipment expansion. Dealing with multiple areas of the business on a day to day basis. Lead, manage, mentor and develop a team of Multiskilled Manufacturing and Facilities Engineers and Business Support Staff, embedding a newly established structure with ways of working that support the business, and that safety, compliance, efficiency and cost are at the core of the site support and engineering functions.
- Lead the activities of the Maintenance, Facilities and Business Support Teams, aligned with the business objectives and strategy, covering a short, medium and long term planning horizon
- Lead the activities of the Maintenance, Facilities and Business Support Teams that support major site projects and programmes of work, in collaboration with the Capital Projects Manager
- Build, lead and develop a high performing multidisciplinary team, ensuring resource allocation is deployed effectively to optimise delivery of results
- Contribute to problem solving and solution finding, using expertise, initiative, innovation, creativity and perseverance to identify and overcome barriers
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the business to support other functions, drafting reports and making recommendations as required and driving continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with JM Group policy, best practice and legislation in all aspects, including EHS, process safety, security, control of contractors and visitors
- Ultimately responsible for the security of site, product and people, including the management and maintenance of alarm systems, access control, CCTV installation, maintenance and monitoring.
- Ensure delivery and completion of agreed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance programmes of plant and machinery, including installation and repair
- Negotiate and manage contracts and associated work to maintain the vital services and infrastructure for the operation of the company, with the aim of best value for high quality.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with previous experience and a demonstrable track record of success within the chemicals, Oil and Gas, Automotive or Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Security Institute Diploma qualification or equivalent
- Experienced Site, Engineering or Facilities Manager
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate
- Good knowledge of Process Safety, DSEAR, HVAC and LEV experience
- Demonstrated capability in leading and developing high performing multidisciplinary teams
- Comfortable with lean methodologies and techniques such as Just In Time (JIT), Kaizen, 5s and six sigma etc
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence, engage and lead both direct and in-direct teams as well as taking a hands-on approach to all areas of accountability.
- The ability to influence and modify behaviours, using a collaborative problem-solving approach
- Self-motivated, with excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently, prioritise and re-prioritise in line with changing business needs.
- IT literate, being a competent user of Microsoft Office, as well as CAD/Business Intelligence/Quality Management/ERP systems
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that's not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online...... click apply for full job details