Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Site Managers for our tRIIO contract based in Hitchin.
As a Site Manager you will be part of our Operations Team who are responsible for safely delivering the Gas Mains Replacement Programme. You will ensure the safe and efficient delivery of mains replacement activity in line with the plan, method statements, temporary works and SCO procedure.
tRIIO specialise in delivering design and contracting services for the UK's gas distribution network - replacing old mains, laying new ones, installing new connections to houses and commercial premises and helping with emergency response services. We work in partnership with Cadent to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
As a Site Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control.
- Undertake SCO 1,2 & 5 Competent Person duties for Routine Operations.
- Undertake Temporary Works Supervisor duties.
- Attend and participate in internal management and programming meeting.
- Produce Routine Operation permits.
- Execute live gas operations / commissioning.
- Prepare mains networks for testing.
- Liaise closely with the Local Authorities to ensure compliance with NRSWA and TMA requirements and comply wherever practical to special local authority requests.
- Support customer service strategy and handle customer complaints within agreed standards of service as and when they arise.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of team working and development across all activities to achieve business objectives and improved performance.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous gas distribution network experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations.
- Experience in construction operations.
- The ability to approve non-gas permits in relation to site works.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Ability to lead on site and drive performance.
- Understanding of the importance of delivering excellent an customer service.
- Ability to influence and control cost.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- a full Driving Licence.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Private Healthcare.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Reward Benefit.
- Company car and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK's largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people's skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.'
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities...... click apply for full job details