Our client, a leading Facilities Management provider is looking for a Site Supervisor to join their team , based in Cheshire.
Summary of Role:
To manage the construction/maintenance requirements demanded in the delivery of a project to meet the construction programme. They will be comfortable working and coordinating across larger teams and in doing so they will be required to meet all Health, Safety and Quality standards, MSS etc. Whilst working to programme, KPI's Quality levels required by the client and the contract.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, MSS and the site
Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
* Manage subcontractors site trades people and suppliers to construct the works safely.
* Review, produce, implement task control sheets etc
* Make efficient use of standard IT packages to efficiently manage own time.
* Use specialist software to assist in project delivery.
* Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
* Understands construction methodology and assists in its development specific to their area of works.
* Assist in assessing the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office based works.
* Supervision of site activities to ensure that talk control measures programmes etc are appropriate and are being followed throughout the works.
* For monitoring the accuracy of site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions etc.
* Understands that sections of work have an allocated cost and the role they have to play in ensuring that this is maintained or improved on.
* Understand the commercial implications behind decisions.
* Establishes robust on site procedures to ensure that the works proceed in accordance with best practice.
* Participates in the on-site inspection process and takes responsibility for critical activities when required.
* Identifies a choice of engineering systems on the basis of personal experience.
* Evaluates and selects from options based on evidence from various sources.
* Able to understand new and innovative technologies.
* Produces work to the expected standard and in accordance with provided information.
* Records outcomes and advises others on potential improvements.
* Engages with designers/consultant and specialists to develop conceptual and detailed solutions.
* Has an understanding of employment law etc & seeks advice when needed.
* Assess strengths, weaknesses & needs.
* Clearly & effectively delegate works within a subordinates capability & understanding.
* Effectively negotiates with all stakeholders to reach the best solution for the project.
* Aware of own limitations for what needs referral.
* Is aware of the critical path and the need to prioritise work around it.
* Progress updates, safety performance etc. with respect to area of work.
* Actively manages own self development for example through participation in ICE / CIOB activities, attendance at training courses etc.
* Effectively manages changing circumstances.
* Understand the company policy, procedures, MSS and applies it.
Mechanical Engineer - Qualified Commercial Gas
Required: Gas Safe Register - Commercial Nat.Gas & LPG
Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS)
IOSH - Managing Safely
P405 - Managing Asbestos in Buildings Course
First Aid at Work
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy