ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Static Site Engineer (with A/C Bias) to be based at No.1 First St, Manchester, M15 4FN. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 08:00 -17:00). On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working to high standard of Building Maintenance, site based on a prestigious modern office building in Manchester City Centre. Engie are looking for a fully reliable Site Based Engineer (A/C biased) who can work on own initiative or within a team environment. Conversant with Planned Preventative Maintenance (HVAC) specifications and able to keep high quality site records. Produce high quality reports of their findings along with estimates, for producing quotations. The role will involve being the face of ENGIE so smart appearance and being able to communicate with all levels is required. Basic electrical knowledge and flexible approach to carry out planned maintenance and reactive tasks as required.
- General PPM activities including L8, Emergency Lighting Testing, Fire Alarm Testing etc.
- General Reactive Repairs to Lighting, HVAC, Handyman Tasks.
- Air conditioning systems, VRF, VRV, Split systems etc.
- Air Handling Units.
- Building management system.
- Control systems.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Experience within a similar role/environment is essential
- Recognised EITB or CITB apprenticeship or other similar approved training or further education qualifications in an appropriate discipline
- Minimum air conditioning engineer qualifications to City & Guilds 2072, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Must have C&G award in 2079-11 F-Gas and ODS regulations
- Good knowledge of SHEQ procedures, risk assessments, work permits etc
- Fully conversant with all major manufactures systems and equipment
- Computer literate with good skills in word, excel, email, internet etc
- Able to work on own initiative
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
- Posting Date: Dec 19, 2019