We are Uniper: an international energy company with about 11,000 employees.
We combine a balanced portfolio of technologically advanced large-scale assets with outstanding technical and commercial expertise.
These assets and capabilities enable us to deliver flexible, bespoke, competitively priced energy products and services with agility, precision and speed.
Uniper Technologies are looking for a highly qualified engineer to join a professional team with experience in providing office and site based technical support on steam turbines and associated balance of plant (BoP) components.
Uniper Technologies (UTG) is the focus of the Company's innovation, energy technologies, fleet support and engineering activities covering new build, energy, gas and industrial projects. We support Uniper's strategy of managing existing assets in combination with the construction of new, highly modern, environmentally friendly energy investments. We are looking for a highly qualified engineer to join a professional team with experience in providing office and site based technical support on steam turbines and associated balance of plant (BoP) components.
Extensive experience in several of the following areas is required:
- Steam turbines and associated BoP components;
- Provision of site based technical consultancy support, direct to the customer, during steam turbine and/ or associated BoP outages or new build projects;
- Development of maintenance and replacement strategies;
- Provision of inspection, repair and maintenance advice;
- Failure investigations and assessments;
- New and retrofit plant specifications;
- Plant status reviews;
- Integrity assessments;
- Component design / redesign;
- Flexible operation and damage limitation studies;
- Managing or working with contractors.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have extensive experience in the technical support areas described;
- Possess interpersonal skills that build and maintain effective customer relationships;
- Deliver tasks effectively both within a team and independently;
- Are to plan and manage a portfolio of jobs to time, quality and cost;
- possess drive, energy and commitment with a history of delivering to tight deadlines;
- take an innovative approach to problem solving with a flair for continuous improvement;
- are keen to tackle new problems and not just those they have experienced before;
- You will have a degree or equivalent an in Engineering Discipline
- are a Chartered Engineer, or have qualifications leading to Chartered status;
- are willing to work flexibly and to work away from home on occasion at sites both within the UK and overseas for short and occasionally extended periods of time;
- possess a high technical standard of written and spoken English.
The salary range for this appointment will reflect the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
We offer flexible working hours to enable you to get the most of your work/life balance.
What we offer:
At Uniper we value a sustainable balance for the work done by our employees. Therefore, we offer extensive individual compensation packages consisting of a basic salary, a company pension and performance bonuses. At the same time we have flexible working hours including overtime compensation and working from home. Furthermore we are constantly updating many other benefits such as insurance policies, a discounted supply of energy, extra holiday and individual training opportunities...... click apply for full job details