Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
Our client Aker Solutions are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, they are looking for talented individuals to help shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Within Subsea Control Systems we now looking for candidates to join the team of System Engineers. The position can be based in the UK or Norway.
What will you be doing?
- Technical responsible for defining the Subsea Production Control System architecture within FEED/tender/EPC
- Provide clear design directions and instructions to application, product engineers and SLS personnel
- Prepare the technical content in tenders and studies including clarification and co-coordinating the input of others as required
- Technical responsible for the Control System definition in EPC projects, ensure that what is built is what was bid
- Ensure that each of the technical areas of an EPC project communicate appropriately to ensure correct implementation of the system definition
- Ensure that all changes made in the later stages of a project (post PEM M3A gate) are properly reviewed and controlled
We think you should have;
- Degree in control system relevant Engineering discipline or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Conversant with requirements of various oil and gas equipment codes and standards such as API 17 (Subsea) etc.
- Knowledge of specialist area(s) of Subsea control systems
- Knowledge of development/implementation/design of SW, Network and Cyber Security is an advantage
- Understanding of mechanical/hydraulic systems and electrical systems used in Subsea Production Control Systems
- Knowledge of engineering practices and relevant hands-on experience of the planning, procurement and construction processes
- Ability to delegate tasks and activities and lead a team of technical experts
More reasons to work with Aker Solutions;
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Join an international team of highly skilled system engineers
- This is a role with a high degree of problem solving and creating thinking
- Role is multi-discipline, covering a wide range of technical areas
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.
If you'd like to be considered please apply as instructed below.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.