Tradebe is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually, recycling 60% of that waste. Tradebe serves various markets including industrial, manufacturing, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, nuclear and more where it is committed to the waste hierarchy with our efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste we manage.
Tradebe Inutec provides a valuable national and international service to the nuclear market where is has been providing offsite treatment for more than 30 years: increasing flexibility for all major nuclear customers with decommissioning and operational wastes. Since 2018 Tradebe Inutec has been working from our own nuclear licensed site, where we have the most extensive UK & overseas authorisations and Safety Case of any UK commercial company, which gives us unparalleled scope to provide innovative solutions to complex LLW & Borderline ILW waste projects as well as the standard radioactive waste management requirements of the market.
This presents an exciting opportunity for individuals to make a real difference and substantial contribution to a focused long-term profitable business with significant potential for future development and growth. We are committed to ensuring that people who join Tradebe Inutec feel well treated and confident about their future.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Head of Projects with strong attention to detail and team management skills, to join the Waste Management Technical Projects Team at our site in Winfrith Newburgh.
What we offer:
A very competitive salary along with an annual bonus, 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) and a number of other benefits.
What we need from you to take things forward:
- Scientific or Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experience of managing and developing teams of technical staff
- Experience and knowledge of radioactive waste management gained in a technical environment working for clients from commercial or regulated industries
- Able to demonstrate aptitude and application of project management skills set across projects with various technical challenges
- Experience of managing radioactive waste or decommissioning programmes
What you will do:
- You will manage the technical project management team on a day to day basis providing leadership and guidance to ensure all business objectives are met.
- You will lead the monthly forecasting and delivery by the technical project management team working along the Financial Business Partner and other key business staff including the Operations Manager and SHEQ manager
- You will take a key role in developing the forward service deliver work plan on a weekly/monthly basis against financial forecast and budget.
- You will lead by example in supporting the technical approach, bidding and managing the delivery of technically complex radioactive waste management contracts
- You will provide technical guidance and support within the team and through working alongside other key business staff including the SHEQ team, Technical Director and Business Support Managers
- You will provide regular reporting to the Head of Service Delivery on team performance
- You will manage projects and tasks as directed by the Head of Radioactives Service Delivery, from cradle to grave
- You will provide the technical management of projects as required by our customers leading from the initial customer enquiry through to successful delivery of the project and will work closely with other key departments within the Tradebe business to ensure the safe and compliant delivery of the work ensuring a profitable return for Tradebe
- Since Tradebe is committed to developing its talent and as well as developing you as an individual, you will also be responsible for developing our next generation of technical managers