Are you interested in the Technical Support Operator role
• Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry
• Then have a look at this career opportunity as the role of Technical Support Operator to join an established name within the Technical Support department in NCE. Does it sound interesting
• Do not wait! Apply for the role join our journey of promoting sustainable energy solutions and join Seagreen Vestas' team in the UK!
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Troubleshooting Offshore & Multibrand NCE
Multibrand & Offshore Troubleshooting NCE is a sub-department of Technical Support North Central Europe (NCE), which regionally supports the Service and R&D business with technical knowledge and acts as the link between Development and local business units. Main tasks for the department include Providing direct support to service technicians in troubleshooting and repair tasks, Software focus including remote software upload and advanced remote troubleshooting, turbine performance, creating VGAs (guides to technicians), planning for stopped turbines, providing answers to technical questions internal and external customers, and taking part in customer meetings. A new assignment for this team will be technical planning of down turbines. Providing high-quality technical support to Service organizations to reduce turbine downtime and performance. Being a part of Technical Support, you will be included in a highly experienced and dedicated team, taking leadership for implementing Vestas's strategy, and supporting the Service and R&D organizations and local business units with technical knowledge, secure customer focus, and safety.
- Technical lead for the Vestas site team acts as an interface between the Customer and the Vestas site team and Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering
- Handling stopped turbines on a daily basis in a shift plan, partially working on weekends, handling requests in ticketing systems, and ensuring technical knowledge is shared within the team
- Support Supervision and monitoring of turbine performance and alarm status on a daily basis with a focus on identifying proactive maintenance before generation impacted with a target for improving LPF at the site
- Be the primary point of contact between Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering and Vestas site team to ensure continuity of discussions
- Advanced remote troubleshooting, support on Technical planning tasks with ERP System (SAP), On-site support in troubleshooting difficult-to-solve/first-of-its-kind issues
- Participate in Offshore Technical Support / Offshore Engineering technical customer meetings together with the Service Manager and Customer Manager, evaluate technical customer questions and reports, provide answers, and present technical matters at customer meetings
- Creating, updating, and maintaining guides (VGAs) for Service Technician, Providing timely responses, and supporting the Service and Construction organizations
- Electrical or mechanical education combined with experience in the wind industry. (Or, relevant technical education, such as Electrical and mechanical)
- Full authorization on the Vestas V164 Turbine (preferred)
- An engineering background would be beneficial
- Experience in the field in troubleshooting or other technical experience with the different Vestas turbines
- Advanced PC skills - SAP, Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of WTG control systems
- High communication skills in English, both oral and in writing
- Ability to participate effectively as part of a cross-regional team / North Central Europe (NCE) team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both with limited supervision and as a part of the team
- Good pragmatical and problem-solving skills
- Affinity to work within different systems to identify root cause and document solutions
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
What we offer
You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is prepared to support us when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry.
This position will be based r in the Windfarm Seagreen
If the above matches your field of interest and qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible - by the latest 29.02.2024
We conduct ongoing interviews and close the position once the right person has been found
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Please note: We amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date
BEWARE - RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link,
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.