Position: Property Administrator (Tenancy)
Location: North London NW6Reports to: Area Manager
A large, UK property organisation is looking for a great administrator with a passion and drive for working in the property sector. The right person will have a great chance to work in amongst the surveying team in their North London office. They are keen for someone to join with property experience with a reliable working background and a positive attitude towards their duties. They offer fantastic holiday benefits along with a comfortable working environment. This will give the selected candidate the chance to develop new skills and gain an understanding of a successfully run property development organisation which could lead to developing their career. With great holidays and early Friday finishes can be an ideal working environment for the right person. Please apply below.RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
To assist the Property Manager (Tenancy) with the efficient and effective management of the property portfolio comprising of AST, statutory periodic, regulated, and assured tenancies, with the overriding aim of reducing/ minimising void periods, maximising rental income and developing good Landlord and Tenant relationships, to include but not limited to the following tasks:TENANCY MANAGEMENT
Assist with the following tasks, as directed by the Residential Management Executive, Team
Leader (Tenancy) or Property Manager (Tenancy)
o Instructing Agents to appraise properties and provide their recommendations in respect of void/ refurbishment works
o Collating documents for the Property Manager's review to ensure all statutory obligations, in respect of residential lettings, are adhered to at all time (e.g. EPC
Regulations, Right to Rent Checks, Smoke & C0 Regulations, Deposit Protection etc.) o Receiving/ collating offers for the Property Manager's review o Obtaining/ collating tenant reference reports, for the Property Manager's review.
o Prepare Heads of Terms/ AST Instructions Forms and Instruct solicitors to draft tenancy agreements
o Notifying Rent Records Department of any tenancy variations e.g. tenancy ending, renewal, new letting, rent re-registration etc.
o Maintaining Property Records in accordance with the Group's policies and procedures
o Co-ordinating the Inventory / Schedule of Condition Check-in with the incoming Tenant and Inventory Company, as directed by the Property Manager.
o Arranging the pre-tenancy safety checks e.g. electrical and water, as directed by the Property Manager.
o collating comparative quotes for dilapidations and deposit disputes within statutory timeframes o preparing and managing insurance claims
o Undertaking vacant unit inspections in accordance with the Group's policies and procedures.
o Managing utilities supplies (gas, electricity and water) during the end of tenancy/ new letting process in accordance with the Group's procedures.
o Day to day maintenance issues
o Raising purchase orders
o Co-ordinating annual and periodic tests/ inspections (e.g. CP12, PAT tests, Electrical
Inspection Condition Reports, Water sampling) o Co-ordinating Renewal Inspections o Rent Reviews and Registrations of Fair Rents o Collection of rent arrears
o Answering queries from Internal/ External Auditors, Senior Management on behalf of the Board.GENERAL DUTIES
- Keep the Property Manager informed of the progress of any given task and be confident to request support and assistance where necessary.
- Promptly and confidently receive, handle and respond to telephone calls, taking messages and relaying these to the relevant person where necessary.
- Liaise with tenants through general correspondence, emails, letters, newsletters, circulars Tenant Handbooks etc. in a prompt and professional manner.
- Liaising with other departments within the business (e.g. Insurance, Finance, Rent & Records) to deal with enquiries/ fulfil tasks
- Liaise with external consultants and service providers e.g. Electricians, Gas Safe Engineers, Utility provider (SSE)
- Utilise the Group's Property Management Information Systems (HORIZON, PropertyPlus) in order to undertake any of the above tasks
To carry out any other tasks, as directed by the Management Team, that is within the capabilities of the job holder.SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A desire to:
o Gain a good understanding of the various types of interest/ tenures that the Group hold and its obligations in respect of each (Freehold, Head lease, Lessee, Leaseback,
Tenant) o Gain an awareness of HMOs to ensure that these are not created
o Gain an awareness of Local Authority PRS Licencing Schemes to ensure these are adhered to.
o Gain and understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation, H&S legislation, RICS and ARLA guidelines and other best practices applicable to residential property management.
- Endeavour to remain informed of new relevant legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Good IT skills and proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Knowledge of HORIZON/ QUBE an advantage.
- Good team player
- A commitment to providing high levels of service at all times
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a similar role
- Ideally Degree level, minimum A-levels grades A-C
- MARLA (Ideal)
- Office Hours 9.15am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Must be prepared to work longer hours where required
- Primarily based at the Area Office but may be required to visit other office locations.
- Holiday entitlement 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays plus additional holidays (approx 10 days) .