Test Facility Maintenance Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Have you got experience of working in a fast paced export / supply chain environment? Do you have a background facilitating export documentation and compliance within a manufacturing / supply chain business? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
You will work in a dedicated team that delivers engine system and component testing programmes for its customers on a range of products. You will have the opportunity to work in a world-class engine development facility supporting the division in the development of new and existing products. The team will have responsibility for the build, instrumentation, testing and assessment of large diesel and gas fuelled engines up to 2183kW, for both current product improvement and new product introduction projects (including performance, emissions, verification and validation testing).
- Accountable for delivery of pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks, while adhering to safety standards and best working practices.
- Support project management activities, purchasing, installation and commissioning
- Utilise initiative and planning tools to deliver efficiencies with a customer focus, ensuring effective communication with the team on tasks being undertaken.
- Compliance with EHS tasks, ensuring adherence with health, safety & environmental standards across site
Qualifications, skills and experience;
- HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Highly experienced individual with a demonstrated knowledge in the service and calibration of test bed measurement equipment. Ability to identify performance trends and fault diagnosis with test bed equipment
- Ability to lead team members through new measurement equipment application and operation
- A demonstrated knowledge of diesel and gas engine combustion systems
- Awareness of high voltage electrical systems associated with engine alternators
- Attention to detail with an aptitude to deliver first class quality and to strive for continuous improvement
- Aptitude and ability to absorb and learn new technologies continuously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey/absorb technical information and to respond to complex situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly-motivated and able to work closely within the team environment
- Customer focussed, hands on-on team player to assist others meet their goals. Able to work proactively on own imitative and support continuous improvement environment
- Proficient user of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- A good knowledge of 18th Edition Electrical Safety and Competence, not necessary to have the accreditation.
- Good understanding of the electrical and mechanical requirements of an engine test facility.
- Instrumentation/calibration experience within an engine test facility including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc)
- A working knowledge of engine test systems (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS)
- Modification of engine electrical harnesses for a test cell environment
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business...... click apply for full job details