Positions available in Teeside and Swansea
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
** Please note we are recrutiing for these roles both in Stockton Teeside and also in Swansea, please state your preferred location on your application **
Oceaneering have an opportunity for an operator to join our NDT Team as Trainee NDT Technician.
A Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Technician is responsible for ensuring the products are fit for purpose and meet the requirements set out through our 4 main testing methods which are UT or ultrasonic testing, MPI or magnetic particle testing, LPI or liquid penetrant testing and Rad Radiographic Testing.
Training will be provided both in house, or at industry recognised training schools, resulting in nationally recognised qualifications in the following methods:
- UT - Ultrasonic testing level 1 and 2.
- MPI - Magnetic particle inspection level 2
- LPI - Liquid penetrant inspection level 2 .
- RAD -Radiography Level 1 and 2
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting level 2 Technicians in their everyday jobs, such as helping with testing.
- Maintaining the work area and equipment that is not in use.
- Completing reports and keeping up to date training records.
- Making sure calibration logs are filled in and kept up to date.
- Locating work and preparing the next job for the level 2 Technicians.
- Loading and unloading work stations.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Being able to keep to deadlines and plan appropriately.
- Good time keeping.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Ability to work consistently during high pressure periods.
- Methodical approach to all tasks undertaken.
This position is considered SITE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoor and indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust, oil, gas .petrochemicals as controlled by various clients in the work place
- Working with Radioactive sources for the purpose of Industrial Radiography
- Working with chemicals necessary to perform NDT activities all of which are controlled by MSDS and COSHH
- Working at Height and in confined spaces.
- Working on various locations throughout the UK as and when required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Preferred for Apprentices - P - GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science .
- Full Driving License
Primary Identity Document
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
","title":"Trainee NDT Technician