Saur Services Glasgow offers a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
About the Role
The primary duties of the position include operating, monitoring and maintaining the wide range of plant and apparatus used in the treatment process ensuring reliable condition and robust performance of numerous and varied items of plant and equipment across the SAUR Services West of Glasgow site. Co-ordination with existing maintenance, operations and process departments as well as adopting safe working techniques and good overall engineering practice.
Key Duties / Requirements
· Operating, monitoring and maintaining the wide range of plant and apparatus used in the treatment process.
· Cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining septic tanks, filters and screens for wastewater.
· Adding chemicals to the water and monitoring water and gas levels.
· Taking readings from hand-held meters, control panels or computer screens, checking water and wastewater samples, and keeping accurate records.
· Carrying out general maintenance and repair work and Co-ordinating more complex repair work with engineers.
· Monitoring stock levels of chemicals and reordering them when necessary and assessing risks and hazardous conditions.Qualifications & Training
- Current drivers' licence .
- Wastewater knowledge
- Basic process
- Reading and cleaning sensors
- Operate sludge dewatering equipment
- Ability to read & understand mechanical and process schematics / specifications - including P&ID
- Ability to use handheld computerised equipment.
- Must be flexible and responsive to the needs of the business.
- Experience & knowledge of the Water/Wastewater Industry is preferred.
Working with Saur
Saur is a leading water industry specialist, supplying safe drinking water and the latest in wastewater and waste management to domestic and commercial customers around the world.
With operations throughout Europe, UK, the Middle East and Africa, and a headquarters in France, Saur employs over 13,000 people and has an excellent reputation for quality and service.
Here in Scotland, we operate the Wastewater Treatment Works in Dalmuir on behalf of Scottish Water. This facility serves more than 600,000 people over an area of around 200,000 square miles. It is a sophisticated treatment facility that ensures that residents and businesses receive a reliable clean water supply and that wastewater is treated safely in accordance with regulations and legislation.
Why work for Saur?
We work in one of the most vital industries in the world, so no matter what your role here, your job matters. We're looking for enthusiastic people who want to work in a company that takes its responsibilities seriously. We friendly and accommodating and we work closely with our local communities so that they are confident in our ability to manage their water supplies.
We're a fair and equal employer with a positive culture and a focus on opportunity and progression wherever possible. Our salaries and benefits are industry-standard, and we are proud of our reputation for dedication and progressive thinking...... click apply for full job details