My client was founded in 1983 and is one of the UK’s leading metal roofing and cladding systems manufacturers and contractors for the industrial, commercial and public sectors, and refurbishment markets.
They deliver an unparalleled level of service to clients and customers from design concept and manufacture, through to project completion. CA Group delivers the complete metal building envelope. The core issues of health and safety, the environment and sustainability within building design and construction, underpin everything that we do.
We provide industry leading solutions for both now and in the future, with significant technical expertise and broad market knowledge all backed by a comprehensive guarantee package, available for up to 25 years
Job Summary / Key Responsibilities
- Preparing and agreeing valuations with clients and ensuring payments are received in accordance with subcontract agreements
- Preparing accurate take off of material quantities from drawings.
- Follow procedures to ensure proper allocation of job cost
- Pricing of contract variations.
- Preparing subcontractor payment certificates, calculation and allocation of subcontractor payments and updating spreadsheets accordingly
- Assist in the control of supply chain ensuring full visibility of liabilities
- Issue of subcontract enquiries, comparison of quotes, undertake negotiations and placing of comprehensive orders
- Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports.
- Negotiation and agreement of final accounts with main contractor QS.
- Cash flow forecasting across all contracts to project company turnover.
- Liaising with estimating, design, purchasing and contracts teams to ensure any changes and potential cost overspends are identified as soon as practicable, ensuring costs are recovered and future overspends avoided wherever possible.
- Working with the Commercial manager to provide cost control and reporting on individual contracts, as well as overview and cost management of all contracts for CA Roofing Services division
- Supervision and training of assistant / trainee QS
- General administration duties as required
Agency: UCA Consulting Contact Name: Russell Roberts Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 07826613230 Industry: Construction Job Type: Permanent Location: County Durham Salary: £35,000 – £45,000