Role: 2x Communications FPGA Engineers (all levels considered)
* Must be able to get SC Clearance so be a UK British national or passport holder*
You're not an FPGA Engineer. You're not a Software Engineer. You're not a Digital Signal Processing Engineer. To us you're all these things and more.
As an Engineer looking to develop your career in wireless communications, it's easy to get 'pigeon-holed'.
But what if you don't want to limit your creativity and technical skills? With us you will use your diverse knowledge and skills to develop innovative solutions to unique problems.
You're not going to be stuck developing endless iterations of an existing product line. Instead, you will use the full range of your skills in software and electronics to design systems and modules that solve real-world communication challenges.
We're interested in speaking with you if you're a recent graduate with some relevant work experience from a placement year, or if you have two- or three-years' post-graduate experience in firmware development.
What we are hiring for:
We currently have vacancies in our team for enthusiastic and motivated FPGA Engineers who would like to build their careers in a dynamic and cutting-edge environment.
We are particularly looking for graduate and experienced degree-qualified engineers with an interest in wireless technology, Embedded systems, an awareness of latest industry developments and expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- FPGA design, including experience in languages such as VHDL, Verilog and High-Level Synthesis
- Modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
- Radio communications and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Radio Frequency (RF) techniques
- Development of communication waveforms
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML)
You will be working as part of a team to deliver new communications systems and products and you will participate in all phases of a project. Working within a small/medium enterprise (SME) means that you will have the opportunity to interact with our customers and you will be able to see the impact that your work is having on the continued success of the company.
You need to have the following:
- You must be a UK citizen, or have lived in the UK for the last 5 years (security clearance requirement).
- A minimum 2:1 Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in FPGA design, Embedded software development and modelling/simulation.
- A strong interest in radio communications/wireless networks.
- You love problem-solving, trying different approaches and innovative solutions.
- This job is based in our Southampton office. We are working remotely at the moment, but will return to primarily office-based work when restrictions allow.
You're going to be mentored by some of the industry's leading wireless communication experts - working directly with Engineers that have developed technology for every generation of mobile communication system. This means you will gain in-depth knowledge of the fundamental technologies on which these systems are built and the specific way they are applied in the many commercial standards.
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies to make a real difference in a dynamic and agile environment
- Mentoring from world-leading industry experts
- Opportunities for training and continued professional development (CPD)
- A competitive salary that is linked to your performance
- An employee profit sharing scheme
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working
How to apply?
Send a CV to (see below)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.