Our client is a leading building services company dedicated to providing the best solution to their clients' individual needs. They pride themselves on delivering a high quality service, with a growing reputation in the industry. They have approached us to help recruit an Air Conditioning Technical Engineer, to work mainly at sites as far North as Northampton, and as far South as Bracknell, delivering planned and reactive service and maintenance solutions for clients in various environments, including: office, education, retail and leisure markets.
Key duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
- To undertake PPM works in line with SFG 20 and other industry guidelines as delegated by the Helpdesk or line manager
- Working on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, chillers and ventilation; therefore it is essential you have a very high level of expertise with chillers, splits, VRV's and VRF's
- To undertake any diagnostic analysis that the whole system may require. You must be familiar with Mitsubishi Monitoring Tool, Daikin Checker, Toshiba DynaDoctor and other manufacturer equivalent equipment.
- To undertake a visual and practical condition inspection of installed equipment and submit a written validation/condition report including comments on quality of installation
- To undertake statutory testing duties as delegated and complete all works as per relevant industry guidelines
- Carry out general maintenance and good housekeeping practices and plant room cleaning to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment is maximised
- Ensure plant areas the Company is responsible for are always clean and tidy
- To respond to reactive work requests promptly in line with agreed KPI response times
- To report all job statuses promptly in real time (via a tablet) and provide well written factual and professional reports via a tablet and/or provided Windows laptop.
- Complete all paper records such that an accurate Site Log Book record of all works remains on site for the client information and approval
- To risk assess all works and complete all tasks safely and professionally at all times and encourage others to work safely and responsibly
- The job may require the post holder to work reasonable overtime on request, some of which may be at short notice due to the nature of our work
- Make recommendations to the Service Manager on matters concerning continuous improvement and adding value that may improve the: productivity, costs, quality of service delivery etc. of all work for which the Company has a responsibility
- To participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours
- This role requires individuals to work to exceptionally high standards of quality and care
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures as published and keep up to date with any amendments in such policies
- Gas safe qualified
- NVQ level 2 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- City Guilds 2079 Refrigerant Handling required
- ACRIB SkillCard / CSCS Card
- Full, clean Driving Licence
- IT experience and able to operate MS Excel, Word and a Tablet
- DBS checked, or willing to be DBS checked (paid for by the company)
- Salary circa £40k
- Company Van
- 24 days + Bank Holidays. After one complete calendar year of service your holiday entitlement will increase by one day per year. After 5 complete calendar years you entitlement will therefore reach it maximum of 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Uniform provided
- Excellent defined route for career progression
- Lots of overtime available
For a confidential chat about the role, please contact Oliver Rushent on or forward a copy of your CV to .
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy...... click apply for full job details