LOCATION - LONDON, BELFAST, LEEDS or MANCHESTER
Tetra Tech is one of the largest and fastest growing environmental consultancies in the world with over 27,000 staff working in 100+ countries. Environment, Sustainability and Planning (ES&P) is expanding, and our Sustainability and Climate Resilience team is going from strength to strength. We are pulling together vast expertise from the existing, established teams and are committed to recruiting new talent to enhance our skills in sustainability, decarbonisation and net zero. We are seeking an experienced Associate to join our team at this very exciting time.
We are looking for a talented and motivated sustainability professional who wants to progress their career with a growing global consultancy, working on challenging and often ground-breaking projects. We have a considerable pipeline of work across sectors including urban regeneration, government and defence, infrastructure, transport, energy, nuclear, marine and coastal. You will have the opportunity to engage and learn from a range of technical experts across our environmental, planning, sustainability, engineering, project management and other disciplines.
W orking with the Director - Sustainability, Energy and Utilities - you will join 185 Environmental colleagues within the UK and will receive training, support and mentoring to develop your sustainability, engineering, project management, and leadership skills, in line with your chosen career path.
We are looking for candidates to be based out of our London, Belfast, Leeds or Manchester offices. We offer flexible working, both in terms of time and location, and support hybrid working.
I f you are driven to work in sustainability and motivated to make a difference, we encourage you to reach out to us. Become an integral part of our mission to shape a sustainable future, by working collaboratively with colleagues, clients and partners.
• Manage key client accounts, support the strategic growth and direction of the team and contribute to the development of our project portfolio
• Day-to-day client interface
• Net Zero, ESG, Sustainability, Circular Economy strategy development
• Management and technical delivery of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions studies
• Whole life carbon, carbon based foot printing and consumption studies across different reporting requirements
• Life-cycle assessment in line with ISO 14040 & 14044 and circular economy assessments
• Formal GHG reporting e.g. SECR, TCFD
• Baseline assessment, data gathering and reporting
• Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions monitoring
• Technoeconomic analysis
• Concept and feasibility studies - hydrogen, CCUS, renewables
• Due Diligence - renewable energy (production and storage), CCUS, hydrogen
• Climate change impact assessment
• Climate change risk analysis
• Assessment of future climate change and resilience scenarios
• Adaption and resilience strategy
• Management Systems ISO 14001 & 50001
Please note that, as we are recruiting for multiple positions, it is not expected that you will have expertise in all the listed skills. You will be expected to have strengths in some but be willing to gain experience in others.
• Passionate about tackling climate change and ambitious in terms of own career and the future of the Sustainability and Climate Resilience team
• A Bachelor's or Masters degree in chemistry / process / mechanical engineering, environmental science or a related discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience
• Adept at critical and strategic thinking with an ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
• Relevant experience in decarbonisation, net zero carbon strategies, CCUS, hydrogen and renewables
• A good track record of writing and managing tenders while also managing and delivering successful projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality reports and presentations
• Experience in a consultancy environment, delivering sustainability related work - particularly carbon footprinting, carbon reduction strategy development and implementation
• Voluntary and mandatory carbon reporting
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an ability to manage and interpret data to inform effective decision making
• The desire and ability to foster good working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Excellent client coaching skills, with experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to a range of stakeholders
• Must be willing to travel and hold a valid driver's licence
• Willingness to apply for security clearance
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, or potential job shares.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgend er status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.