Demon Recruitment Group are working with a multinational company with their head office based in Feltham Middlesex, who are looking for a Buyer to join the Purrchasing team, to work accross all company projects where the purchasing and sourcing of goods is required.
You will be responsible for the sourcing of a wide range of industrial supplies and equipment used in the Oil, Gas, Petrochem, Power and Mining industries.
- You will be required to source products ranging from maintenance spares to complete engineering solutions. Collating, reviewing and processing purchase orders from customers, and from within the internal contracts team.
- Ensure that purchase orders are appropriately recorded within our ISO9001 quality system where necessary.
- Experience in sourcing quotes from international vendors is essential.
- You will liaise with the finance team where appropriate to ensure that payment terms for purchasing are appropriate, making recommendations of where to order and placing of purchase order
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a purchasing within the UK, industrial or engineering background is an advantage but not essential.
- You must have knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and be a keen negotiator willing to press for the best price possible.
- You will have excellent organisational and administrative skills and must be able to work with high volume and sometimes complex demands.
- You must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate status reports to management and customers alike.
- You will possess advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and you must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English. Other languages will be an advantage.
- An Analytical mindset with the ability to problem solve and utilise data to support procurement strategy.
- Have strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to "think outside the box" Must have excellent strategic sourcing experience with a track record of running efficient end to end processes and delivering savings and establishing long term strategic partnerships with suppliers.
- Duties include
- Sourcing hard to find products from around the globe at the lowest price
- Placement of Purchase orders
- Expediting of Purchase orders
- Supplier selection and negotiation activities
- Setting up pricing agreements with manufacture's and expanding the company's brand distributor list
- Processing of Customer Requirements
- Handling Customer questions relating to products
- Working with the sales department on going for product pricing
- Supplier performance management
- Support strategic procurement and category management initiative
Immediate Interviews available
Due to the level of applications we receive, we are unable to respond individually to all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
Demon Recruitment Group confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.