This opportunity will be working for our clients UK subsidiary which manages onshore and offshore operations in the Southern North Sea.
Working within our Drawing Office, you will be part of our Operational Engineering Support Team where you will have responsibility for supporting existing Drawing Office personnel in the completion of draughting updates. A strong understanding of design / drafting CAD software used in the Oil & Gas industry is required for this role.
This is a 6-month PAYE contract position; working Monday to Friday (37.5hrs p/w) based onshore at the Norwich office - hybrid options available.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting existing Drawing Office personnel in the preparation and update of CAD drawings in accordance with redline marked up drawings.
- Working to latest specs & recognised industry codes and standards.
- Redraw and update multi discipline drawings (Layouts / P&ID's / Schematics / Diagrams /Schedules etc), utilising AutoCAD & Microstation software.
- Provide consistent draughting quality across assets for both operations and projects.
- Work to the clients Drawing Office and Document Control procedures to ensure drawings are processed, updated, stored and issued correctly.
- Maintain and update controlled drawing register providing progress updates throughout drawing updates.
Qualifications / Experience / Key Skills:
- Formal relevant qualification in CAD drafting or engineering fundamentals.
- Previous experience within the Oil & Gas industry would be advantageous.
- A proven track record in CAD Operating in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience in engineering drawing office principles, procedures and standards.
- Good fundamental understanding and knowledge of engineering drawings across all disciplines - Process/Instrument/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil.
- Experienced in working within an engineering drawing office.
- Proven experience and competence in the use of AutoCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Office.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.