Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Forfar, is currently looking to recruit a Chartered Building Services Engineer for an initial 6 month contract with possible extension on a rate of £325-£400/day (Inside of IR35). This is a hybrid role with one day a week required on site.
- Account for and monitor expenditure from an agreed budget, including processing financial documents eg invoices, timesheets and claim forms, in accordance with organisations policies and financial regulations.
- Contribute to effective performance management in accordance with corporate/service requirements.
- Establish systems to gather and analyse information to ensure the work of the team remains focused and customer orientated.
- Comply with all data protection law in the processing of personal, and special categories of personal data, in line with the client's full privacy statement and service privacy notices.
- Comply with data protection law in the management of employees in line with the human resources data protection policy and employee privacy notice.
- Lead and manage a group of professional, technical staff to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to deliver the property outcomes, meeting requirements.
- Lead energy management, energy conservation and sustainability issues in relation to all non-housing properties, through the implementation of a package of conservation and environmental measures to reduce the level of production of greenhouse gases.
- Provide a professional building services engineering service including feasibility studies, sketch designs, detail designs, production drawings, specifications, contract and project management.
- Procure and manage building services engineering consultancy services to manage workload and ensure projects are progressed in line with programmes.
- Provide project management from inception to completion to the requirements that suit the needs of the client, including liaising with tenants, other services, public utilities, public authorities, Planning and Building control division and outside agencies.
- Provide specialist advice on, and carry out, whole life and value for money cost exercises; and administer/manage contractual claims
- Provide specialist cost advice to other services, including affordable housing, grant issues, sales, improvement works, compensation claims, insurance valuations, conservation issues, improvement notices.
- Contribute to the establishment, maintenance and administration of term contract facilities, including the issuing of orders, recording and monitoring of compliance and capability.
- Prepare monitoring reports to clients along with other reports and documents as may be required including committee reports.
- Manage the organisations contractors and consultants, monitor and report performance as set out in the contracts and prepare reports for consideration as appropriate.
- Ensure effective approach to Health and Safety Requirements, for the operational health and safety of the service including CDM regulations.
- Degree or equivalent in a related discipline and/or full Membership of a property/building/engineering related appropriate professional body and considerable experience
- Willingness to undertake mandatory training
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical building services practice
- Experience of the development process for the design and delivery of complex multidisciplinary projects
- Experience of project delivery
- Experience of developing project briefs, specifications and contract documents
- Knowledge of carbon, energy and water conservation, efficiency and sustainability best practice.
- Knowledge of IEE Regulations (BS7671) and the application of electrical services in construction
- Knowledge of CIBSE guides, British Standards and Scottish Building Standards
- Knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements including CDM
- Experience in use of computer aided design packages for preparing services designs.
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Experience of partnership and collaborative working
- Mobility, in order to work flexibly and agilely in a variety of locations as required
- A full, current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (for business use)
- Post graduate qualification in Leadership and/or Management
- Experience of supporting successful organisational and cultural change
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.