Oakray has been providing buildings support to local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector clients for over 40 years. Founded in 1979, we have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security services and solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, with whom we have developed longstanding partnerships.
To carry out servicing and remedial repairs to commercial heating boilers within occupied and void buildings to meet the requirement and expectations of the client in a timely fashion and in compliance with current gas legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To have detailed knowledge and experience of main boiler manufacturer's installation and servicing requirements and instructions
- To be proficient in carrying out full commissioning of gas heating boilers and associated controls on completion of installation or servicing works
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good general fault finding/diagnostic skill and the ability to carry out necessary repairs/replacement of defective parts etc.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace defective/leaking radiators or associated isolation valves
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the 'Health and Safety at Work Act' (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- To carry out on a rota basis (as required) out-of-hours emergency call outs
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
- Have good practical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial boilers and associated controls
- Have experience working on HIU'S, not essential
- Have Domestic ACS qualifications, not essential
- Be self-motivated
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the Risk Assessment process
- Be a team player
- Current/Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications - COCN1 or CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, ICPN1 TPCP1A
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job. Recruitment will be solely on the basis of the applicant's abilities and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the job. Qualifications, skills and experience will be assessed at the level that is relevant to the job.
We will ensure that our shortlisting, interviewing and selection procedures avoid discrimination in any way, including on grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality or ethnic origins, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Working for Us
- Up to £19.00 per hour
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years' service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension scheme - Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Company Van, Mobile Phone and Uniform provided
You will be part of a friendly and busy team.
You will receive excellent training and support in this role and there will be plenty of scope to improve and enhance your current abilities. In addition, as the company continues to grow there are
plenty of opportunities for career progression and advancement. Oakray is a company that recognises individual talent, encourages professional development and rewards success.
If you believe that you have the talent, energy and spirit and are eager to learn, then we want to hear from you!..... click apply for full job details