Job Title: Engineering Technician - MechanicalJob Type: full time role for 37.5 hours a week and PermanentSalary: up to £38,000 FTE (depending on level of experience, training and qualification)Location: Great MissendenYour New CompanyOur client is the largest independent provider of hospital services in the UK, with more than 50 hospitals and treatment centres across England, Scotland, and Wales. They offer the UK's largest national network of private hospitals and are the country's biggest private hospital provider. Our client has more than 6,500 specialists practicing across their hospitals, which handle more than 2 million patient visits per year. They are known for performing more complex surgeries than any other private healthcare provider in the country. They are proud to be recognized as one of the UK's top 5 best big companies to work for, as well as top 5 to work for in the health and social care sector. Their areas of expertise include orthopaedics, cardiology, gynaecology, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, dermatology, and ENT. Your New Role
- To ensure the prompt completion of all work orders for Planned maintenance, Reactive response, Specialist sub-contract work orders and remedial work orders.
- To provide Routine and Specialised Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to a specific hospital site.
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance as required and act as an exemplar of company policies and procedures.
- Provide training, mentoring and hands-on assistance to any additional Site based Technicians or Engineering Assistants.
- Provide Engineering support and advice to the Local Hospital managers as required.
- Demonstrate a can-do culture based on exemplary engineering standards in an environment of open and honest integrity.
- To help build and develop a strong team ethos.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required (Persons without the appropriate card will not be considered).
- City& Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
- Willingness to act as AP and RP Medgas as required is essential.
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statutes and ACOPs.
- Understanding of L8 Legionella ACOP within Hospital buildings
- Demonstrated high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound fault finding techniques and ability to read drawings.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
What you'll get in Return
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service.
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions.
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools, and services to support your wellbeing.
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.