About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently recruiting an Estimator to join our Thames Water Capital Delivery Infrastructure Framework covering South London & Thames Valley. The framework includes infrastructure clean and waste water capital works.
As an Estimator, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Producing Target Costs
- Liaise with designers to develop and understand scope and solutions
- Create risk registers
- Liaise with and prepare pricing documents for Subcontractors
- Develop and maintain contract estimating templates.
- Understand client scope of work and prepare target cost estimates in line with requirements.
- Preparing cost analysis.
- Identify opportunities and risk during any tender processes
- Complete detailed material take offs for purchase orders.
- Present basis of estimate and key assumptions.
- Lead adjudication meetings for internal governance
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with our client, Thames Water.
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Experience in the water industry is essential.
- Previous experience working in an estimating function.
- Civil engineering/Utilities experience essential.
- Strong contract knowledge (IChemE Burgundy) experience is desired.
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel, programming and other estimating software.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK's largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people's skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities...... click apply for full job details