Are you a financial controller who is CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with knowledge of IFRS and looking for your next opportunity?Our long-standing oil and gas client is now looking for someone to join the team based at Gosport in Hampshire with hybrid working available.Job title: Financial Controller Job Type: Permanent Salary: £60,000 Location: Gosport, Hampshire - Hybrid working The Role:
- Ensure all accounting activities meet business and legal reporting standards.
- Effectively manage cash flow
- Produce planning budget forecasts, in line with agreed business strategic plans, for approval.
- Manage the purchase ledger function and ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Ensure payment of salaries and staff related payments are made on time.
- Develop and evaluate business case models
- Coach management to understand the impact of decisions on the financial performance of the organisation.
- Review all financial and other related business processes and implement efficiency improvements through automation and other process enhancements (continuous improvement).
- Lead a small finance team effectively.
- Prepare Financial Statements in line with IAS and the FreM.
- Prepare corporation tax computations and VAT Returns.
- Support annual audit undertaken by National Audit Office
- Support internal audit as appropriate, currently provided by Government Internal Audit Agency
- Using Business Central - Dynamics 365: Provide quality financial information to management teams to enable the effective management of the business.
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely and complete and legally compliant.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for presentation to customers.
- Prepare Board reports including variance analysis and commentary.
- Provide adhoc information for management decision making.
- Support the Engineering teams with the management of engineering projects to assist with ensuring they remain within budget.
- Business partner budget holders to ensure achievement of budget / forecast.
Requirement for the Role:
- Candidates will need to be CIMA (or equivalent) qualified
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Experienced in managing audits or have been an auditor.
- Highly developed computer system skills, with proven database administrator expertise, in an enterprise environment, in one or more software systems.
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of Business Central - Dynamics 365 preferable
Please apply to Kellie Dance - RHL RecruitmentRHL (Recruitment Holdings Ltd) act as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business