Location: London/South East/South West/Midlands/North West
Job Description Client:
A multi award-winning team of engineers, environmental designers, and sustainability consultants. Their goal is to work towards a regenerative future in which all projects make a positive contribution to the health of the communities that they serve and the planet as a whole. With a clear mission to make an impact through delivering high-performance sustainable design and developments.
As well as working for a world-class building engineering design, analytic and consulting service, specialising in net-zero first thinking, their employees' careers are carefully developed through peer-to-peer mentoring and training, soft skills training programme, a bespoke CPD programme and an individual development plan backed by a generous training budget.
The entire company works to a hybrid working policy and although their new HQ building right above Chancery Lane station offers a wonderful working experience, they are also interested in engineers across UK particularly in South East, South West, Midlands, and North West.
Their offices in Oxford are smaller and consist of a close knit multi-disciplined team. For other UK regions they can offer remote working with hot desk facilities within sister company's facilities in the short term whilst they grow their presence in those regions.
They are growing the fire engineering team and have vacancies at a variety of levels from engineer through to associate. The growth plans guarantee potential candidates future progression and development. They can offer a wide range of projects to support across residential, commercial, heritage, science & technology, and education.
Whether you are building on an experienced career or just starting your professional journey, there is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow while collaborating with their network of global offices.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
You will advise clients on fire strategy for their building assets so your detailed knowledge of current UK building codes, standards and regulations is imperative. This knowledge will enable you to deliver projects autonomously and as a team collaborating with colleagues.
Other tasks you will be involved include Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling, review and mark-up design plans, zone modelling, producing fire strategy documents and presenting your findings and reports to clients. This will enable you to influence decision making and designs to ensure compliance and safety.
You don't need to have completed a Fire Safety or Fire Engineering degree that are currently being offered by universities such as Lancashire, Edinburgh and Ulster although if you have fantastic. More important is a couple of years practical experience delivering fire engineering and safety advice and guidance to UK clients. If further education to support your career development is of interest then that is something they would be happy to support you with.
Competitive remuneration package, wellbeing benefits and an Employee Assistance Programme to provide mental wellbeing support, guidance and advice. Hybrid working patterns and flexible hours help people to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Browse This is a career-changing opportunity for an ambitious MEP CAD Technician / Coordinator to work with an innovative MEP Building Services design consultancy looking to strengthen its team in Berkshire.The company was established in 2002 and is an independent Mechanical & Electrical design consultancy that provides the full range of MEP Building Services. Boasting an impressive client list in the hospitality, commercial, finance, retail, and residential sectors, the company operates on projects across the UK, Ireland, & Mainland Europe.The Senior leadership is actively involved in day-to-day client delivery, and the entire team's professional and personable approach focuses on offering clients first-class solutions and bespoke services that exceed expectations and provide measurable benefits. You will be joining a first-class team of dedicated technical specialists that operate in a collaborative atmosphere working alongside the UK's leading architects, designers, and contractors.There is a great opportunity to progress your career within MEP CAD / Revit where you will be given exposure to challenging and rewarding work on a diverse range of projects.What you'll be doing:
- PreparingCADdrawings from Engineer's sketches.
- Preparing drawing packages ready for issue to clients and external parties.
- Communicate with Engineers & other members of theCADteam.
- Experience in the latest version of AutoCAD(MEP).
- A genuine interest in M&E draughting.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Medical Gases (Argon, Compressed Air, Helium, CO2, O2 and others), Manifold Gas Design
- Laboratories water (different grades and applications)
- Gas distribution systems include toxic, inert and flammable gas manifold distribution systems and specialist gas detection systems.
- Liquid nitrogen, oxygen depletion calculations, to inform the requirements for gas detection
- plug and play swagelok gas design.
- Sanitary Plumbing, Sitewide Drainage, Radioactive Drainage, Laboratory Drainage.
- Domestic water services, Laboratory water services, Treated Water services, Boiler feed water, Cooling tower make up water, Domestic Sanitary plumbing.
- Fire suppression protection systems
- Experience in the commissioning of these services and problem-solving of installed systems ensuring full operation and function prior to handover.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in any additional language(s) would be desirable but is not essential.
- Proven experience working in a Public Health Engineering position for 3+ years (essential), preferably within the construction/design sector.
- UK design experience necessary with knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, ISO and EN Standards Familiarity with UK & EU regulations.
- Excellent communicator, able to present complex information in a way that generates understanding.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Bluebeam/Revu and Excel. Experience with Revit would be desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills, comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to clearly articulate business requests with all levels of the business.