Gas and Electrical Service/ Repair Manager
37.5 hours per week
£33,000.00- £35,445.00 per annum
About the role
Are you a seasoned and highly motivated expert with a strong commitment to sustainability and energy conservation? If you are, we have an exceptional career opportunity waiting for you! We are actively searching for a Gas and Electrical Service/ Repair Manager who will be a key player in Trident's ambitious goal to attain net-zero carbon emissions across all our properties by the year 2050. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Technical Service and take charge of leading various vital initiatives. These include managing renewable energy projects, overseeing gas and electrical servicing, as well as handling repairs, with a primary focus on heating and hot water systems. Furthermore, you will have the responsibility of supervising a team of three skilled gas engineers.
- Manage gas and electrical servicing, including repairs, within the housing sector.
- Oversee heating and hot water installations.
- Lead and coordinate project management efforts for renewable energy upgrades.
- Achieve an optimal balance between cost, quality, and quantity in service delivery
- 34 days annual leave, plus the option to purchase up to 5 additional days
- Birthday leave
- New Home leave
- Life assurance (3 x salary)
- Employee Assistance programme
- Employee Wellbeing programme
- Flexible Working options
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in managing gas and electrical servicing, including repairs, within the housing sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing heating and hot water installations.
- Experience in project management related to renewable energy upgrades.
- The ability to effectively balance cost, quality, and quantity in service delivery.
Trident Group has over 60 years experience of delivering homes, services and innovation for up to 8,000 people in over 3,600 homes in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the Midlands. The Group employs more than 750 staff, works with over 150 volunteers and provides training places and apprenticeships for many more. The Group has an annual turnover of more than £37m and owns assets close than £190m.
The Group consists of;
- Trident Housing, which provides landlord services for the Group in respect of housing management and maintenance
- Trident Reach, which is a registered care and support charity delivering person-centred care and support services. These services include supporting people within registered care, domiciliary care, people with learning difficulties, those with mental health needs, young people at risk, older people, BME groups, people at risk of being homeless, those seeking employability, education and training opportunities and those fleeing domestic abuse.
Trident offers their employees learning and development opportunities and wants to invest in their development and career growth. Through our apprenticeship scheme, we offer various courses in areas that will help support employees within their roles and for their further development.
We celebrate Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion and as a person-centred organisation we are continually striving to build a community where everyone feels valued, respected and equally guided by our beacon of hope.
By joining Trident Group, you will have the opportunity to join our Diverse Voices Steering Group to ensure Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion remains at the heart of everything we do.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live in the UK.
Relevant roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS).