40 hours per week - 8.00am - 16.30pm, Monday to Friday, with call out cover and overtime. Temp to Perm position.
We have an opportunity for a qualified domestic Gas Engineer to join our Clients Regional Gas team, based in the Reading/ Salisbury area. You will carry out the service, repair and some installation work of full central heating systems and radiators and maintain a vast variety of heating systems in our tenants houses and other company owned properties.
You will be provided with a company van and all the power and essential tools needed for the job. You will also be issued with an iPhone and tablet which links to our systems including scheduling and fault reporting. Occasional travel to the office base in Swindon will be required.
The role of Gas Engineer will include:
- Install gas boilers, cylinders, radiators, and full heating systems
- Service, maintenance and diagnostics of gas boilers, central heating, and unvented hot water systems
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose and repair faults
- Completing and submitting gas safety records, identifying, and responding to risks, recording logging and completing work via electronic device tablet or phone
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained in good condition and stocks are replenished as needed from our partner suppliers
Skills and experiences:
- You will hold a current Gas Safe Registration ACS (previously ACOPS) along with a natural gas domestic qualification - minimum of CCN1, CENWAT1, CPA1, CKR1 and HTR1
- Unvented Hot Water Qualification UDHW is also essential
- Ideally you will have experience of installing, servicing and repairing boilers
- The ability to work alone on a variety of different boiler types and systems
- Have a proactive approach to health and safety, creating a safe environment for all
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
£21.49 per hour CIS or Umbrella.for the 1st 12 full weeks worked then salaried thereafter.
- 24 days annual leave plus public holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life Assurance
- Employee Advice Service including counselling
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Voluntary health plans
- Employee discounts
- Wellbeing support and tools
- Employee recognition scheme
- £38,468 per annum (rising to £40,493 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance.