Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oceaneering is seeking an experienced Global Business Development Manager for its Energy Intelligence & Engineering Business. The Global BD Manager SaaS Products (GBDM) will be responsible for driving revenue growth for our Engineering SaaS products from go-to market planning to deal closing and renewals. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with experience and passion for selling SaaS and Digital Engineering products. The individual will be a key contributor to our journey as the single point for understanding VoC, translating that together with our products team, and building into compelling business cases for software products.
Energy Intelligence is a part of the Integrity Management and Digital Solutions segment, and our mission is to leverage software and analytics to enable our energy customers to be safer, greener, more efficient, and cost effective across all their assets' life cycles.
Must be a motivated person with a passion for digital transformation, software, sales, and business development. You like to operate in a strategic leadership role, and you enjoy working in a fast-paced working environment with ambitious targets.
The ideal candidate will have prior sales experience in selling SaaS products in one or more of the following industries: Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Processing, Chemicals or similar. The candidate possesses strong leadership abilities and a proven track record of delivering what is required at various levels.
- The GBDM is responsible for all revenue generating processes within IMDS Energy Intelligence. The GBDM is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization's revenue operations and accountable for the performance of all revenue functions within the organization, this includes leading the sales and BD functions in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating sales.
- Collaborate in the development of sales strategies for the digital engineering portfolio as well as coaching the global sales team in their implementation.
- Working with key stakeholders in the implementation and strategic development of digital products into the Integrity Management business group.
- Responsible for business development and sales of the Energy Intelligence IT services product lines.
- Drive scale, and profitability, by appropriately professionalizing the Company's go-to-market strategy, sales function, and account management.
- Coach team to improved performance, shortening deal cycles, and improving forecasting accuracy. Drive improvement in higher closure rates, increased average deal value, and account growth.
- Ensure product knowledge, and sales and success delivery philosophy/strategy are established and understood by sales and customer success organizations through focused team development and training programs.
- Work with marketing team to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive profitable growth.
- Using our sales systems such as CRM, and Miller Heiman sales philosophy.
• Understand customers' needs and feedback to Technology and Product Management teams
• Provide strategic, day-to-day and tactical business and product developmental support and leadership, including relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Digest data provided by market intellegence team and report out market data on the business unit. This includes establishing total available market size and Oceaneering market share for the business unit. Develop and review market share data with BU head and develop strategic plans to increase market share.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition. This includes competitors market share of the region and globally, equipment volume and capabilities in the region and any strategic alliances for competiton.
• Consult on pricing strategy based on the customer's expectations, competitive situation, potential differentiators, and other factors. Communicate the pricing strategy to the proposal team, and justify it to the executive management that must approve the proposal.
• Consistently demonstrate a passion for the Company's core values
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical arena, or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive years of effective sales experience in the oilfield industry
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and Presentation software.
• Experience in Business Development analytics and commercial strategies.
• Technically savvy and consistently up to date on the products and services OII offers.
• MBA from an accredited college or university or equivilent relavant experience.
• Leaership experience managing sales team.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.