Integrity Engineer (Projects)
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Dorset, are currently seeking an Integrity Engineer (Projects) to join the Integrity department at Europe's largest onshore oilfield.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, working Monday - Friday.
The successful candidate will provide pressure systems engineering and pipeline integrity management support to Wytch Farm.
As the Integrity Engineer (Projects), you will uphold and advise on appropriate standards and actions needed to ensure our client maintains safe and reliable operations for the life of field as well as deliver safe and effective integrity work scopes and projects.
Our client requires applicants with a strong focus on regulatory compliance with the ability to build positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Act as member of the Integrity team managing both surface integrity (including Pressure Systems Safety Regulations) and buried pipelines (Including the Pipeline Safety Regulations) on a top tier COMAH site.
- Act as a 'safety leader' - ensure health, safety and the environment are prioritised when planning and executing work.
- Give technical support to other functions on site (Operations, Wells, Drilling & Maintenance).
- Provide engineering support to the site inspection engineer and embedded inspection contractor
- Work with the Pipeline integrity Management Systems and the PSSR written scheme of examination.
- Carry out failure investigation and root cause analysis where required and develop remedial scopes of work.
- Maintain an effective RBI process to ensure robust inspection strategies are in place.
- Work closely with other discipline engineers to create and technically review Management of Change proposals and project specifications.
- Contribute to the Pipeline Annual integrity review to identify future inspection, risk and validation, and repair scopes of work.
- Develop and execute integrity projects as required (pipeline remediation, pressure vessel & pipework repairs etc)
- Management of key contractors' activities, check and review work-scopes and final reports. Challenge and implement recommendations.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Pipeline defect assessment
- Fitness for service assessments
- Risk-based inspection techniques
- Metallurgy and corrosion awareness
- Failure investigation / incident investigation
- Tank inspection and management (EEMUA 159)
- Management of inline inspection of pipelines
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
- Legislative compliance (PSSR / PSR / COMAH)
- Pipeline defect assessment
- Fitness for service assessment
- Corrosion mechanisms
- NDT techniques
- EMMUA 159 Tank Inspection
- Composite repairs - Selection and use
- Project Management
Key Requirements Include:
- Mechanical engineering degree-qualified
- CEng or working towards
- Ideally at least 5-10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry or similar process related Industry.
- Diligent, hard-working, team player able to solicit help and co-operation from others.
Private Medical Insurance
Flexible Benefit Allowance
Excellent Pension Provision
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Profit 'Units' Sharing Scheme
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd