London (some international travel required)
Our client is a global oil and gas midstream business with terminal assets and operations in Europe, Africa, the Middle-East and the Americas. The group is managed out of offices in London, with local asset offices around the world, servicing its asset portfolio.
The role is an integral part of the company management team with a focus to drive asset integrity, reliability and maintenance within the company and the underlying businesses.
The position is centred on ensuring the reliability, safety, and standards compliance within company facilities through effective support of the Operating Management System (OMS/IMS).
This role will be responsible for spearheading the development, implementation, support and oversight of integrity management programs in the assets.
With a steadfast commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental compliance, sustainability, operational integrity, and maintenance planning, the position encompasses providing engineering and inspection expertise, supporting procurement processes, and offering valuable insights into the design, construction, and operation of new projects.
Active collaboration in regular asset assessments is of paramount importance, playing an integral role in promptly identifying and addressing potential risks to ultimately safeguard infrastructure integrity.
The role will report directly to the Group Operations Manager, with multiple interfaces with the likes of the HSEC, finance and asset management teams. The role is based in London (some flexibility for up to 2 days per week work from home). There will likely be a need for travel to portfolio assets and for development opportunities.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Integrity Management system - Support the development, implementation and assurance of comprehensive integrity management systems (incl management of third parties as required)
- Inspections - implementation of standardised protocols for tracking and managing inspections
- Regulatory compliance - maintain and share updates of current and emerging industry regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Risk Assessment and mitigation - establish protocols and participate in periodic assurance reviews
- Subject Matter Expert - Offer specialised technical knowledge in relation to existing operations, technology and business development.
- Cost Optimization - cost management culture without compromising safety and compliance
- Cross-Functional Collaboration - with various departments, including Finance, HSEC, and Sustainability to ensure a holistic approach to integrity management.
- Documentation and Reporting - recording and reporting through asset integrity KPIs
- Communication - Develop the asset integrity network across the portfolio for best practice and learnings
- Leadership & Continuous Improvement - Training and sharing towards continuous improvement.
- Assurance readiness - Comprehensive documentation for assurance readiness and management of associated assurance findings.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 5 years' relevant experience (experience in a management capacity working in Integrity and Maintenance, preferably in the oil & gas industry)
- Degree in technical engineering related field
- Working knowledge of API and associated standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English) Spanish or Portuguese desirable
- Highly organised self-starter, able to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple and changing priorities
- Superior organisational skills and ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise critical thinking
- Good with people including multinational experience
- Time management
- Proficiency in the use of industry-standard software, (AutoCAD, MS Project/Primavera, CMMS)
- Continuous improvement mind-set to learn and share basis experience
- Compliance and risk management culture
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.