Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
This role offers hybrid woking - 3 days office in Poole and 2 days working from home (UK residents only)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a expanding global company who are looking for talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineers.
You will ideally be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering OR qualified by experience and able to demonstrate considerable experience as a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, (any experience of working with high pressure valve design within Nuclear, Defence, Oil & Gas or a similar industry would be an advantage)
You will be working on various projects and be responsible for supporting the product development strategy to deliver growth and continuous improvement and work effectively with projects, production, and quality engineering teams within the manufacturing department.
Candidates must be proficient in using any of the following engineering software: - 2D & 3D CAD, FEA, CFD, Mathcad MS Office, preferably using Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys)
Salary from £48,000 - £55,000 depending on experience, with excellent benefits
- Good knowledge of fluid power applications and circuit design, component selection,
- installation methods, performance interactions and control systems.
- Good knowledge of valve design technologies i.e., relevant experience in materials,
- mechanics, engineering mathematics, magnetics, fluid power, corrosion, stress, and thermodynamics.
- Experience and understanding of modern manufacturing methods, inspection and assembly techniques within a precision CNC engineering and electronics environment.
- Possess a sound understanding of technical risk mitigation, design validation and
- qualification methodology.
- Able to compile engineering and test reports as required in support of design validation.
- Drive concurrent engineering applying optimised designs for manufacturing methodology, assembly and testing process and apply VAVE to derivative and existing products, ensuring manufacturing costs are minimised and cost targets are achieved working coherently with production engineers.
- Create new part numbers and Bills of Materials using the ERP/MRP system
- Maintain and apply lean principles to the engineering environment.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and e-mails.
- Provide technical support and product training to customers, distributors and sales engineers and travel as and when required.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate processes and instigate continuous improvement.