Career LNG Product Owner - London Energy Aspects London, GB Applyfor this job
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Business Services
- Post Date: 12/05/2023
- Company Address: Level 32, 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, GB, E14 5LQ
OilX is seeking a LNG Product Owner to join the growing technical product team in London. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced LNG analyst with a true passion for LNG markets to make the next step towards a tech enabled profile in commodity trading. Plus a great chance to work hand in hand with OilX's expert data scientists, software engineers and EA Group's market leading LNG analyst team to create the next level of LNG analytics for the world's leading commodity traders.
The day-to-day work at OilX is heavily depending on coordination and collaboration between team members and our tasks broadly vary. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, eager to acquire new skills and like working on a diverse range of tasks. You will spend the vast majority of your time working with LNG market data and novel satellite technology, putting your commercial and analytical skills to good use in translating it into technical requirements.
- Acting as the central LNG product manager you will be responsible for the coordination between shipping and data science teams, satellite experts and lastly the EA Group's LNG analysts.
- Iterate and collaborate closely with some of the world's leading LNG traders on this project.
- Coordinate the creation of a 'best in class' LNG data product, including data analysis and visualization.
- Progressively and quickly earn a deep understanding of a complex, large scale solution and the underlying business it serves through hand-on data work.
- Experience in analysing LNG import and export flows and LNG market fundamentals.
- Knowledge of the Gas Market Fundamentals and LNG trading industry.
- Experience in data analysis, preferably with Python.
- Can-Do mentality with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in using relational databases, ideally PostgreSQL using SQLAlchemy Competence in using programming languages, particularly python.
Founded in 2018 by
, and a proud member of the EA Group, OilX is a leading data and analytics SaaS provider for accelerating the energy transition. We're on a mission to digitally twin the world's energy supply chains. At OilX we use the latest developments in Machine Learning and Satellite Data to provide accurate data analysis tools to energy trading professionals. We are a fast-growing, award-winning scaleup
Culture & benefits
The proud recipient of accreditation from Best Companies, we truly understand the importance of workplace engagement and genuinely value our people. We offer a fast-paced, driven, collaborative and dynamic working culture where you are recognised and rewarded for your contributions to our tremendous growth story.
At Energy Aspects you could be part of an active, social, and friendly team where you will have the opportunity to join our running, circuit training, five-a-side football or lunch clubs. You might also enjoy letting loose at our social events or just sharing an unwinding drink on a Friday afternoon at our in-house bar the Nodding Donkey.
Working out of our Canary Wharf office, you can take advantage of low commute times and easy access from across London, excellent amenities for shopping, gyms and healthcare, restaurants, and bars. We do also provide daily fresh fruit, hot drinks, soft drinks, snacks and the occasional exotic treats from our international travels.
Our compensation packages include annual bonus, a company share options scheme, private health insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension contributions, subsidised gym membership and considerable holiday time.
Energy Aspects is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity within its workforce. As an international business we are determined that suitably qualified persons will never receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.