At retailTRUST the welfare of everyone involved in retail and the associated industries is our key focus. We offer support through emotional, physical, vocational and financial wellbeing and in particular, for the over 55s in supported living services.About the role
We are looking for a committed individual to join our housing team at our Derby estate. In this role you will work with the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager to achieve the aims and objectives of cottageHOMES and retailTRUST, providing the Estate with an efficient, cost effective property, facilities and maintenance management service.
Your main responsibility here, and in other aspects of your role, would be to ensure the health, safety and welfare of residents is maintained and act as the Health and Safety Officer for the estate.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Take part in the recruitment and induction of staff in consultation with the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager.
- Liaise with the Estate Manager on property, facilities and maintenance issues.
- Oversee day to day maintenance and property management, and ensure that all work complies with current legislation and regulations and is completed to a high standard.
- Carry out repairs using own trade skills as part of the Maintenance team.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety legislative practice applicable to Supported Living Services, ensuring compliance with regard to risk assessment, fire safety, gas safety, electrical safety, asbestos, Legionella etc and ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Assist the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager to manage and monitor contractors' performance to ensure value for money is achieved, compliance requirements are met and timescales and budget are adhered to.
- Assist the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager in drafting specifications and schedules as required.
- Assist the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager to project manage minor works programmes including refurbishment/internal alterations.
- In consultation with the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager, liaise with consultant architects, surveyors, engineers and other relevant disciplines as and when required.
- Write, implement and review safe systems of working.
- Manage the control, stock levels and maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure that the security, general up-keep and appearance of the Estate, including the grounds maintenance are maintained to a high standard.
- Communicate with the in-house team and Estate Manager and residents, on property/maintenance issues.
- Manage and take part in the Maintenance emergency service.
- Liaise with the Senior Maintenance and Compliance Manager in planning, managing and monitoring the Maintenance budget.
- Experience of working in a property, facilities or maintenance role, ideally in the housing industry but this is not essential.
- Experience in motivating and supporting an inclusive maintenance team, or similar.
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of elderly people living on the estates.
- HNC in construction or equivalent is desirable.
- Certified health and safety training in a related field, NEHOSH/IOSH health and safety certificate would be advantageous.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management would be advantageous.
- Awareness of CDM construction regulations in order to provide training where required.
- Knowledge and awareness of building trades, property, facilities and maintenance service delivery.
- Flexibility to attend out of hours in an emergency and willingness to be included in the on-call rota.
- Proficient in oral and written communication, building effective relationships with residents, colleagues and external organisations.
- Awareness of landlord compliance and legislative requirements, ideally in relation to a supported housing environment.
- Experience of effective performance and contract management.
You will require a calm personality to plan and prioritise a complex workload.Benefits
At retailTRUST we offer the following employee benefits include:
- A pension scheme of up to 9% employer contributions
- Life assurance of four times your salary
- A health cash plan, allowing you to claim back on the cost of a number of services such as optical, dental, medical.
- The day off to celebrate your birthday.
The role is subject to sufficient references and DBS check.
To apply for this role, please send your up-to-date CV...... click apply for full job details