Reed Engineering are working alongside our client who service the oil and gas industry. They are looking to add an Offline CNC Programmer to their team on a permanent basis. You will be based in the south of Aberdeen.
Hourly Rate: £19.50 - £20.09 p/hour, 1.5x OT weekdays, 2x OT Sunday and 1.3x nightshift allowance
Shift Pattern: 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights
- Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.30pm
- Friday 8am - 1pm
- Monday 9pm - 7.30am
- Tuesday - Thursday: 9pm - 6.30am
Over-time shifts are available, but this will depend on production requirements.
Daily Duties -
- Responsible for creating CNC programs and occasionally monitoring the running of machines
- Liaise with Machine Shop Supervisor and Team Leads ensuring components/parts are available for production
- Planning work orders and routing card in ERP system
- Updating routing methods and times to improve accurate scheduling and cost
- Assist colleagues with problem solving and analysing issues causing non-conformance
- Implement new manufacturing techniques to enhance quality and efficiency of products produced
Candidate Requirements -
- Previous experience creating CNC programs (Fanuc or Heidenhain preferable)
- Time-served or degree qualified with 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production/machine shop environment
- Driving Licence
If you, or anyone you know would be suited to this role, please forward your up-to-date CV, salary expectations and notice period to .